Spectrum Analyzer plugin - who can give any information? (1 Viewer)

Krimskrams34

Portal Pro
July 2, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello @ajs,

I would like to use different Spectrum.png in MyMusicPlayingNowLEDVU.xml (like the attached file from PureVisionHDskin) via settings_GUI_Skin.xml using a menubutton like in the following example from Titanskin for tvguide rows:

<control Style="SettingsButtonMedium">
<description>tvguide rows</description>
<type>menubutton</type>
<id>35</id>
<posX>1214</posX>
<posY>827</posY>
<mode>dialoglist</mode>
<dialogTitle>#(L(600)) #(L(300160))</dialogTitle>
<valueTextInButton>yes</valueTextInButton>
<valuePrefixText>#(L(300160)): </valuePrefixText>
<onclick>#(skin.setstring('#skin.tvguide.rows',#selectedlabel35))</onclick>
<binding>#skin.tvguide.rows</binding>
<subitems>
<subitem> 7</subitem>
<subitem> 11</subitem>
</subitems>
<animation effect="fade" time="150">WindowOpen</animation>
<animation effect="fade" time="150">WindowClose</animation>
</control>

One single Spectrum.png should be used for all 16 spectrum lines. (See Image.jpg)

Is it therefore possible to create a "regular" SkinSpectrumAnalyzer.xml, where I could use the visible tag (e.g. string.contains(#Spectrumimage,Example1)) to choose the wanted Spectrum.png?

Attachments

• Spectrum.png
    Spectrum.png
    1.1 KB
  • Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    102.6 KB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Is it therefore possible to create a "regular" SkinSpectrumAnalyzer.xml, where I could use the visible tag (e.g. string.contains(#Spectrumimage,Example1)) to choose the wanted Spectrum.png?
    I do not think it is possible at the moment, the configuration of the plugin, read at startup, and depending on the file located in the skin, displays the Spectrum. That is, the idea is, one skin, one design, one Spectrum. Make it the way you want will not work because the Spectrum picture display property is one. And you won't be able to display different properties depending on the selection state in the list, because they simply don't exist.
    But I do not really understand why? It may be interesting at the design stage, but when the design is finished, the Spectrum picture will be the one you chose.
    But if this is really necessary, then we can think about how to trick the skin engine so that it can put different images to the plugin in different situations. But so far I have no ideas.

Krimskrams34

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But if this is really necessary, then we can think about how to trick the skin engine so that it can put different images to the plugin in different situations. But so far I have no ideas.
    It is not necessary, but it would be very nice to change the Spectrum.png within the skinsettings and use different Spectrumimages depending on the audioplugin like e.g. myradio, mymusic, radiotime..., matching the background (fanart or static) or your mood!

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    but it would be very nice to change the Spectrum.png within the skinsettings
    This has already been implemented, settings Specrum in each skin is different, so they can be in the theme.
    depending on the audioplugin like e.g. myradio, mymusic, radiotime..., matching the background (fanart or static)
    Always thought that these plugins within the same skin should look the same. And the backdrop is still constantly changing, because it displays the Fanart. :)

Krimskrams34

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Using themes within the same skin is of course possible, but if you want to alter several variables in a skin at the same time this method soon would produce a big amount of themes. So it would be more efficient to have this selection of different Spectrumimages within the settings_GUI_Skin.xml. Furthermore, I think that it always enriches a skin when it provides a lot of setting options. But as I said, it is not a must have, but would be nice to have.;)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    So it would be more efficient to have this selection of different Spectrumimages within the settings_GUI_Skin.xml
    So it is already there, the settings file just has a different name. But due to internal restrictions, we have one property for the Spectrum, and accordingly one picture. I.e. - Property - Picture. I can add to the settings a bunch of pictures, but how will plugin know which one should be shown in this one property? At the moment there is no way.
    Well, or I do not see how it can be done beautifully, quickly, reliably and that it does not interfere with the basic functionality. If you have any ideas, I'm ready to listen.
    I think that it always enriches a skin when it provides a lot of setting options. But as I said, it is not a must have, but would be nice to have.
    I agree, but you have to balance quickness, simplicity, functionality, and extra embellishments here. Functionality, simplicity and speed in the plugin already have, additional decorations without deterioration of what is already there, I still do not know how to add. If I happen to have an idea and I don't forget, I'll add it. If you have any ideas, I'm listening.

Krimskrams34

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm not a programmer, just a hobby skinner, so i can't give any specific information here. In fact, it's about the image path and its display under certain conditions. If the plugin is bound to an image on the software side, then perhaps it would be conceivable to provide one or more slightly modified copies of the plugin with a different image path in addition to the original?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I'm not a programmer, just a hobby skinner, so i can't give any specific information here. In fact, it's about the image path and its display under certain conditions.
    The plugin doesn't know anything about what's going on in the skin. It works at a low level. Roughly speaking at the core level, the skin is a level higher.
    If the plugin is bound to an image on the software side, then perhaps it would be conceivable to provide one or more slightly modified copies of the plugin with a different image path in addition to the original?
    I think this is also not possible, the plugin hooks into the music engine, and publishes the property. Not the fact that copies will be given to work in parallel. And the property will be the same for all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom