SpinSafe going 1080... (1 Viewer)

Do you use a 1920x1080 screen for mediaportal?

• Yes

Votes: 393 74.4%
  • No

Votes: 135 25.6%

• Total voters

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This is what i talking about !! Tanks.

Hey mirk,

Moved over from Monochrome to Spinsafe1080 since v0.4 was released, reasons being:

- Makes full use of 1080p display.
    - Basic home screen looks awesome and has everything I need on there.
    - v0.4 myTVSeries design is the best in MediaPortal now.
    - Much nicer font compared to Monochrome etc.

Few things I've noticed that would be great if you could look at though for the next version:

- In Videos, the filmstrip layout (for 'Shares' view) has the wrong image size/ratio for movie covers:

View attachment 22366 vs View attachment 22370
    This i will impliment, but i recommend the database view that has correct aspect on the covers and more.
    Added to bugtracker.

- Episode thumbnails appear to be broken in myTVSeries:

View attachment 22367 vs View attachment 22371
    This i dont think is a bug. You need to activate the tumbs to be shown in the menu, Go to the configuration of TVSeries and tick the "append fist logo in listmode" checkbox.

- Can the 'Now Playing' screen utilize the screen more fully, as the left half of the screen is un-used and the text is a bit cramped there.

View attachment 22368 vs View attachment 22372
    (Something like this http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/144/ratingsii9.jpg with the focus on the coverart in the middle there is quite nice.)

It supossed to look like this: 21-52-06.png
    Could be that you have not added the albums to the database.
    But i will take it under considuration to maybee look it over.

- In Music, is it possible to remove the text from Icons/Big Icons layout (for 'Shares' view again) as it looks a lot nicer without the text labels underneath each coverart and the albums less spread apart.

View attachment 22374 vs View attachment 22375

(Would be great to fit 3 row of 7 albums, compared to current 2 rows of 6 albums.)

Anyway, thanks loads for your work on Spinsafe mirk, doin a great job there m8 :)

Yes, i can remove the text under the tumbnails in tumbnail view, no problem. But then it will only be in database view. Becurce in shares it could be hard to navigate through the folders when there are no coverarts present.
    About the rows, i will see how it looks without the text. I dont think it will be any problem.

Tanks for youre feadback! :D

mad_cow

Portal Member
    February 5, 2008
    Hi Mirk,

have been using your skin for mediaportal since I started using it a few months ago, and I love it!

Pros:
    -almost everything!

cons:
    -Thumbs doesn't display right in tvseries (probably some mistake made by me :), see attached screen)
    -would be nice if the page where you choose series can have the option to display a few more series, for example 3 columns instead of 2 and some more rows.

Otherwise I love Spinsafe 1080!

Keep up the good work!

Attachments

• thumbs problems.jpg
      thumbs problems.jpg
      189.8 KB

Buzzie

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This skin looks great !!!

since i am going to start with this skin, can anyone point me to the latest version to download??
    being v0.4 ??

thanks.

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Mirk,

have been using your skin for mediaportal since I started using it a few months ago, and I love it!

Pros:
    -almost everything!

cons:
    -Thumbs doesn't display right in tvseries (probably some mistake made by me :), see attached screen)
    -would be nice if the page where you choose series can have the option to display a few more series, for example 3 columns instead of 2 and some more rows.

Otherwise I love Spinsafe 1080!

Keep up the good work!

@mad_cow
    Tanks for the feedback!
    - Episode tumb problem should be fixed in v0.4. Is that the version you use ?
    - Option to use 3 colums insted of 2...sure, i will think about that.

@Buzzie
    Yes, v0.4 is the latest version. Download

mad_cow

Portal Member
    February 5, 2008
    i have now upgraded to v 0.4 and the thumbs works as they supposer to...

Sadly i must say, the remake with the box texture for season covers and movie covers is a step in the wrong direction, the way it was before looked much more clean in my opinion.

Is there a way to change in some xml- file so that i can get it back to the way it was before?

Otherwise I really love the job you put into this skin, and I will continue to use it for a long time!

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sadly i must say, the remake with the box texture for season covers and movie covers is a step in the wrong direction, the way it was before looked much more clean in my opinion.

Is there a way to change in some xml- file so that i can get it back to the way it was before?

Really ?

You can remove the DVD-box gfx by delete or comment out this section in TVSeries.xml and myvideoTitle.xml

Code:
    <control>
    	   <type>image</type>
    	   <id>1</id>
    	   <posX>1468</posX>
    	   <posY>185</posY>
    	   <width>430</width>
    	   <height>825</height>
    	   <texture>Cover_dvd2.png</texture>
    	   <visible>facadeview.list</visible>
    	   <colordiffuse>ddffffff</colordiffuse>
    	</control>

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    UPDATE

Ok, then it was time for a new update.

Changelog v0.5
    - Fixed homescreen that had 8 items insted of 7 as it should.
    - Changed version number of the skin so the red warning dialoge disapear.
    - Some small changes in IMDB screen. Fixed overlappings text, bigger cover image and more.
    - Added Guitar Hero hover for they who have the PC version and use Multishortcut plugin to lanch it. ( maybee not so important for most users :) )
    - Changed size of the focus texture in list. Its was 10 px to wide.
    - Added My MPlayer GUI support.
    - Fixed bug 202: Radio Screen not list channels - again.
    - Fixed some navigation issus in my radio.
    - Added support for My Onlinevideos plugin.
    - Made changes to the menubuttons on most of the screens, so you for example now can press left on the fist menu button and jump to the last button in the menu and the other way around.
    - Added support of teris game.
    - Added parsial support of my sudoku game ( it has vertical menu ).
    - Adedd Support for Fan Art in My Music and My Videos. Music FanArt must be placed "\SpinSafe 1080\Media\FanArt\Music" and Vidoes FanArt placed \SpinSafe 1080\Media\FanArt\Music.
    Only .png is supported. And must be named exact like the artistname for music and the title name for videos. Like "King Kong.png".

As you can see in the changelog, i have come up with a way to show FanArt in My videos and My Music.
    Read more about it here

yatesd

Portal Pro
    April 30, 2007
    hi mirk,

Fantastic work as always, any plans to support MyFilms?

Thanks,

Dave

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    hi mirk,

Fantastic work as always, any plans to support MyFilms?

Thanks,

Dave

Tanks.
    About the MyFilms support, it will not be implemented by me. I have tried several times to make this plugin work, but i had to give up every time because of the complex setup. As i have seed several times before, i´m would be happy if someone with a working setup could help me with this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom