SpinSafe going 1080... (1 Viewer)

Do you use a 1920x1080 screen for mediaportal?

• Yes

Votes: 393 74.4%
  • No

Votes: 135 25.6%

• Total voters

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
Guys,

I love this skin. My only problems with it are:

The sound every time i click something, could be shorter
TV simply doesnt work. When i click TV guide, i get some messed up part of a guide in the corner of my screen...

Any ideas when the TV func will be fixed?

Good work! :)

See post 136!

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
im more than happy to help you setup myfilms so that you can implement the screen

my movie collection is large and the builtin mymovies is just too cumbersome and unpredictable to use with that many movies

deebo32 (at) gmail.com for msn if you use such, or 'deebo' on FreeNode
It would be great if we have MyFilms support in this skin :)

embo500

February 24, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Support for News feeds

I have fixed up a screen for My News if any of you use RSS feeds. I have attached it here. It's probably not perfect, but should be a really good start if anyone needs it. Hopefully it can be incorporated into the main releases.

I also made some changes to My Weather because some of the formatting didn't look right for me. If that sounds like a problem anyone else is having, let me know and I can upload my updated version of that one as well. Honestly, I hate how the entire weather area is done for all skins, but I haven't had any time to really think about how to do it better...I want to use Weather Underground rather than Weather.com, but I don't know if that can be done easily or not.

At any rate, attached is the fix for My News. For now I had to use the same logo at the top as what BlueTwoWide uses, because I am terrible at graphics. Hopefully someone can change it if they have something better.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• myrss.xml
    30.6 KB

TRUGULUM78

Portal Member
April 12, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi embo500, i have the same problem with the weather screen,can you upload the xml?( i´m too lazy to do it).
Thanks for your help.

embo500

February 24, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Sure thing. Here's my weather XML file. It's not perfect, but at least it's readable.

I'd love to have the time to write a new weather plugin that used NOAA weather data. Of course, that does nothing for anyone outside of the U.S., but it would really be a wealth of information for those of us in the states at least.

Anyway, here's what I'm using. It's not great, but it works.

Attachments

• myweather.xml
    30.6 KB

Lufo

Portal Member
July 29, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello there!

This is looking awesome,
I have a couple of questions though!

Is there any way of getting to the Movie screen by default when starting Mediaportal with this skin? I only use the Movies function and it would spare me a simple click =)

and is it possible that when you click on a movie, instead of starting it, it links you to the IMDB Screen (That you can get to by rightclicking and choosing IMDB)?

Thanks!

pannivas

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Nicosia
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
Master Mirk this is an excellent skin and i love the 1080 keep it up.

Do you have any plans supporting another one of those brilliant plugins that recently came out?

It's the Moving Pictures found here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/moving-pictures-new-movies-plug-44181/

There is an alpha release that is specifically for skinners to start working on supporting this plugin.
There is a lot of potential in this skin as it is based on MP-TVSeries but will be dedicated for Movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom