split episodes (1 Viewer)

HomerSimpson

Portal Member
February 23, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
this question was asked here. But no answer. Does anyone know of a way to have it list them as part one and part two etc.

IE:

i have
JAG - 1x01a - A New Life [1of2].avi
JAG - 1x01b - A New Life [2of2].avi
they import both as episode one, but in the GUI i can't tell one from the other. (wifey not like that).

i could merge them, but i have quite a few and don't really want to spend the time, can MP handle split episodes?

HomerSimpson

Portal Member
February 23, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
does anybody have a answer for this? This problem is common. Ren & Stimpy, Animaniacs, Rocket Power, etc. Is there a way to do this?

pgjensen

Portal Pro
May 1, 2008
they'll be in order though since it's 1x01a and 1x01b

and since thetvdb.com has those as 1 episodes (as it should), the way yours are named are simply wrong.

loinbread

Portal Member
June 26, 2009
Home Country
Bumping this thread because I am also encountering this problem. Mostly for cartoons. I know you can combine seperated files for movies (put the parts in a seperate folder that is named for the film), is anything like that possible with MPTV?

loinbread

Portal Member
June 26, 2009
Home Country
Huh, nobody else cares about this issue? I would have thought management of split or double episodes would have been a core feature of MPTV. Oh well. Here's a workaround I am currently using, rather simple really (but still not ideal, for example it doesn't contain any video data such as aspect ratio or codec): create a M3U playlist linking to all of your files. In the case of Ren and Stimpy...

Code:
Season 1 (1991-1992)\1x01a - Stimpy's Big Day.avi
Season 1 (1991-1992)\1x01b - The Big Shot.avi

The file is then saved as "1x01 - Stimpy's Big Day ~ The Big Shot.m3u".

Also, for multiple episodes stored in the same file I use AviSplit Classic to seperate the files. You could also feasibly use it to combine episodes instead of using the playlist method, but you may not all be using AVI as the container and it is also very time consuming.

Really, the best way to solve the problem would be for the plugin to handle split files the same way MovingPictures does, by allowing files with the same name in a folder (but with a different number assigned to each) to be treated as a single record. For example, "Lord of the Rings-1.avi" and "Lord of the Rings-2.avi" in the folder "Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring" would be played sequentially without any additional fuss.

scma

Portal Pro
December 24, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
double episodes IS handled. Split episodes is a non issue, no sane person splits tv-episodes. The only reason to split files is that they don't fit on one disc and tv-episodes is to short for that to happen.

scma

Portal Pro
December 24, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
double episodes IS handled. Split episodes is a non issue, no sane person splits tv-episodes. The only reason to split files is that they don't fit on one disc and tv-episodes is to short for that to happen.

Nagash

Portal Member
September 20, 2006
Aalborg
Home Country
Denmark Denmark

Well, nobody splits episodes when they rip a DVD, but the problem is that users on thetvdb.com don't always agree on how a serie is shown.
I've got a problem with the mini serie called The Lost Room, where on the disc it's shown as a six part show, but on thetvdb.com it's added as a three part show.
So I for one would like this to be fixed somehow, but as it's the only show that makes this problem, I've learned to live with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom