SplitterPack an alternative to haali media splitter (2 Viewers)

Win7

March 5, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
I had many trouble with the haali media splitter. First it took a long time opening mediafiles in windows media player. The next problem was generating thumbs for the videos in the windows explorer, that needed a long time or even freezed. When i looked in the taskmanager i saw a prossess named com surrogate consuming 100% cpu. Even the moviethumbnailer service of mediaportal had many problems with the haali splitter. I had to disable the thumbnail generation in mytv, otherwise i wasn´t able to delete recordings. Playing recordings from mediaportal in windows media player caused the windows media player to freeze! Sometimes i wasn´t even able to open some mpeg4 videos. So i decided to build my own splitter pack. I used some splitter components from gabest and they do realy a good job. Now thumbs generation in windows explorer for a 3GB recording tooks about two or three seconds on an pentium 4 with 3,2 Ghz. Opening a recording in windows media player is much faster and even playing recordings with broken frames ( there is one guy here with his car causing my tv stutter ) don´t crash the windows media player.

So here you get it:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42509&stc=1&d=1245750112

To install just extract the folder in a place of your choise and double-click the _install.bat.
Be sure you uninstalled the haali media splitter before.
To uninstall the SplitterPack just double-click the _uninstall.bat and delete the folder.

The splitterpack is designed to work with the standalone filters of this forum but will work with other codecs, too. If you install the standalone filters, this splitterpack, real alternative and quicktime alternative ( not needed in windows 7 ) you should be able to play nearly any video file in mediaportal. This splitterpack will not solve the problems with the mpc dxva codec and hdtv. You will need a h264 codec for hdtv anyway. I am using the cyberlink codec without any problems! This splitterpack is windows 7 compatible!

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    HI

the file is not available anymore... I also have a question: does this splitterpack support multiple audio tracks in mkv and xvid files?

Thanks
    Roby

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Please also make sure not to violate any (c) or forumrules when posting "stuff" (NOT saying this is the case. Since the DL are no longer available, I can not say anything).

Perhaps MPC-HC's filters can do what is needed SourceForge.net: MPC - Homecinema: Files (might even be what the "SplitterPack" was containing).

Do I have to use the avisplitter from mpc-hc to use multiple audio tracks without haali?

Thanks

Dr Tone

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2008
    Calgary, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Unless you specifically need linked file support turn it off in haali media splitter, it's that particular setting which causes files to take forever to open. As for thumbnails, I just turn them off as well.

Win7

March 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I didn´t violate any (c) because that "splitterpack" is only based on three mpc-hc splitter files and two batch files. One for installation and one for deinstallation. I updated the download link!

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Win7!

Splitterpack doesn't work here! After i have uninstalled Haali and registered the filters of the splitterpack, playback of some .mkv - files idoesn't work! Also subtitles are broken!

I think, its the same issue like in this thread, is it? -> Link

best regards

Helios

Win7

March 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No the problem is windows 7 and haali splitter i have never had any nero vision software. I cancled using any nero software after nero burning rom 5.5.0.0 because it only got more useless features and started using more than a gig space on the harddrive. So i went to a opensource burner that needs about 15 megs for the same features. For me the splitterpack is working great but maybe it has problems with some mkvs. I tested it with about 10 mkv with different codecs and 10 mp4 videos they were all working great, ecxept the possibility to change the audio language. But i noted that at the first thread.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Win7!

Thats, what i say! Im not the guy with nero, i use cdburnerxp, but the splitterpack doesn't work here! :confused:

best regards

Helios

Win7

March 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok first question which windows version are you using? x86 or x64? The the next question isn´t it working only in mediaportal or das the windows media player do the some problems with the same files. Last but not least which codecs are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom