Spotifier Beta 1.0 - search and play Spotify music (1 Viewer)

bushbrother

Portal Pro
February 14, 2008
UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
bushbrother:

libspotify-sharp is no use because it works only in Linux and uses the C API library which Spotify released a while ago.

So you are not using the API at all? May I ask how the plugin functions? :)

OK, found the Win32 C++ conversion of the API :)

noahwilliamsson's openspotify at master - GitHub will this help?

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi seco,

I understand the problem you face here but don't you have the same problem eighter way. I I play a song using myMusic that will use the internal MP player. The I goto spotify and start a song here. You are not stopping the internal player, what will then happen? Will MP try to play both media at the same time? If so you will need to stop the internal player anyway or do I missunderstand? I have never worked with the internalk player so please excuse my questions if they do not make sense.

Could it be possible to do this in the spotify plugin;
    1. When starting new song in spotify stop any current played item in g_Player
    2. Update #Play.Current.Artist property
    3. When stopping a song in spotify blank the #Play.Current.Artist property.

cheers
    cul8er

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    So, after trying many implementation alternatives, I decided to let go the internal player implementation.

For skins, there is the following now playing information available when the track is playing:

- #Spotifier.Current.Artist
    - #Spotifier.Current.Title
    - #Spotifier.Current.Album

EDIT: And the 0.2 is out, enjoy :)

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Cool, still looking forward to try this. What happens if you enter the Spotify URI into the search field, would that be possible to get playlists, or is it possible to use Spotify URI or HTTP Link in some way?

I just really hope we get to sync the lists in MP and Spotify :)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Cool, still looking forward to try this. What happens if you enter the Spotify URI into the search field, would that be possible to get playlists, or is it possible to use Spotify URI or HTTP Link in some way?

I just really hope we get to sync the lists in MP and Spotify :)

Well I think importing playlists can by done by using an alternative API. This would however require a premium user account which I don't have for testing.

Maybe in the future versions I could use the API and make a configuration setting so that those with premium accounts could use it..

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ah, bummer. Would be nice. How about buying a 24 hour daypass for 9kr / €0,9 i believe? Would you then be able to enable/disable high bitrate within the GUI? not important.

Note for all Spotify Premium users:

You don't automatically get 320kbps audio just because you pay, you'll have to enable it by clicking Edit | Preferences (Ctrl+P) and tick the box under Sound that says Enable high bitrate in the Spotify GUI.

tlevis

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Thank you! This is great! :D:D:D:D
    Once you'll get the playlist syncing working and album artwork this will be perfect!
    Oh and it would be great to get minidisplay working with this too!

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Seco,

I keep getting this in the mediaportal log

2009-12-14 19:32:31.950561 [Warn.][22]: Spotifier Player.UpdateSpotifyState() Unable to check status, no Spotify running!

It is logging it 5 times a second from when mediaportal starts until it shuts down. I've not even used the spoitfy plug-in during this time!

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi Seco,

I keep getting this in the mediaportal log

2009-12-14 19:32:31.950561 [Warn.][22]: Spotifier Player.UpdateSpotifyState() Unable to check status, no Spotify running!

It is logging it 5 times a second from when mediaportal starts until it shuts down. I've not even used the spoitfy plug-in during this time!

Yeah, I noticed that too. I'll have to make some changes to the logging.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Re: Spotifier 0.2.5 - search and play Spotify music

Hello every body,

I know many of you are still wishing to have a Spotify plug in for MP. Nope, I don't have it. Unfortunately. As many had note, the developers haven't released any tool or info, to develop other software for Spotify.

But....

Some one with proper knowledge may follow this link because those guys in XDA-DEVELOPERS have created a real Spotify client for Windows Mobile platform via an intermediate proxy.

This could be our way to take full control of Spotify.

Check this
    [APP] mySpot - a Spotify client for Windows Mobile [v0.55b 03-Dec-2009] - xda-developers

Thanks
    Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom