SRT subtitles and MKV file (1 Viewer)

nono64

January 5, 2014
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Runing MP2 A4
I have a SRT subtitles and MKV video file, same name and same folder, but I don't see a way to force this subtitles to play with MKV file.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is currently no handling of external subtitles, except the used source filter does recognize them on its own.

nono64

January 5, 2014
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Thank you for your prompt answer.
    Do you plan this in the feature relasese?
    What do you mean with: except the used source filter does recognize them on its own?

nono64

January 5, 2014
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Hi, Thank you, one more question: if the MKV have the subtitles inside can than be played?
    I yes, do I have to setup or enable anything?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    For me, srt subs work just fine with mkv files. If internal subs exist + external subs exist for the same mkv file, the external file seems to be used first, but if you click the Info button or your remote twice (or F9 twice), you should see a Subtitle menu item. If you wanna be able to turn it on/off, you can tie a remote button to Show subtitle, next subtitle etc.

If you need help setting up MediaPortal (is it not showing subs now?), let me know in this thread and I'll provide screenshots.
    Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

@CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    Do live TV subtitles work for TV in Australia? If so what are the settings? I am a 74 year old with hearing impairment and have...
    Replies
    Views
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    Any other suggestions for this?
    Any other suggestions for this?
    I have Flirc and the Skip 1s remote sending volume +/- events. I prefer to rely on just the Windows volume control so in...
    Replies
    Views
    This is not possible, only on the bluray present subtitles can be selected. Same as above. Audio streams can never be selected apart from the merged ones. You'll have to use tools like the mentioned Media-Buddy to achieve that. Subtitles of local media can be placed into the same folder (with the same name) into the video file. You...
    This is not possible, only on the bluray present subtitles can be selected. Same as above. Audio streams can never be selected...
    Hi, is it possible to include downloaded subtitles during Bluray playback? While playing a Bluray, i can open the menu to select...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you. I had a look at that part of the menu, but there's no option for DVB subtitles. Probably it has something to do bit some issue of MP2 with PGS subtitles that I've read in several posts. Although I don't know if DVB subs are also PGS subs. I guess that it will be fixed in future versions of MP2. Anyway, if somebody is...
    Thank you. I had a look at that part of the menu, but there's no option for DVB subtitles. Probably it has something to do bit...
    Hi, I changed recently from MP1 and MPS. Very happy, no matter I have to struggle with a few issues like this one: When I watch...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom