[Question] srt subtitles not showing (1 Viewer)

hilfer

Portal Pro
November 3, 2010
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Hi all:

As Media Portal was my favorite media center and once I want portability I tried the mpextended to see how it works on my android tablet and eventualy later on Ipad.

Instaled everything according to instructions and movies are playing fine however I can't make it play my subtitles.
Nor in webmp neither on ampdroid.

Does mpextende support srt subtitles ??

I'M REALLY DISAPOINTED WITH THIS COMUNITY FORUM.
AFTER ALMOST 2 DAYS AND MORE THAN 40 VIEWS STILL NO REPLY FOR SUCH A SIMPLE QUESTION??

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes, MPExtended does support SRT subtitles. They should show up in aMPdroid as "external subtitles". WebMediaPortal doesn't support subtitles yet.

I'M REALLY DISAPOINTED WITH THIS COMUNITY FORUM.
    AFTER ALMOST 2 DAYS AND MORE THAN 40 VIEWS STILL NO REPLY FOR SUCH A SIMPLE QUESTION??
    Really? I lag behind on answering questions for two weeks because I'm moving and you get angry?

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    How do I activate that? I picked "external subtitles" in aMPdroid as subtitle stream, but they still don't show (using internal player).

Name of subtitle file is exactly the same as video file (except extension of course). Should I also pick it manually somewhere?

hilfer

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Sorry for late reaction.
    I think mpextended is still in a very early stage.
    Will stay with plex as it works flawlessly.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    How do I activate that? I picked "external subtitles" in aMPdroid as subtitle stream, but they still don't show (using internal player).

Name of subtitle file is exactly the same as video file (except extension of course). Should I also pick it manually somewhere?
    That's interesting; shouldn't happen. Please open a new topic with your ampdroid + MPExtended logs.

Sorry for late reaction.
    I think mpextended is still in a very early stage.
    Will stay with plex as it works flawlessly.
    You and I have very different definitions of "early stage" then.

hilfer

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Sure we have different definitions
    I can install plex in half an hour and go anywhere in the world and I have instant access to my videos library , music, tv series etc...

Try to make the same with MediaPoratl.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sure we have different definitions
    I can install plex in half an hour and go anywhere in the world and I have instant access to my videos library , music, tv series etc...

Try to make the same with MediaPoratl.
    That works with MPExtended too. You're just having diferent priorities: subtitles is essential for you, while it's just a nice-to-have for me and a lot of others. That doesn't make MPExtended "early stage", maybe it's just not ready for you.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Just want to throw something in here what happened to me and I did blame Mediaportal. My .srts were totally screwed and had a wrong time, they were one hour off, so I didnt see any subtitles within MP. Did you check this already?

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia

That's interesting; shouldn't happen. Please open a new topic with your ampdroid + MPExtended logs..

I will just ask here before opening new thread: where can I get logs from aMPDroid? I can't find option inside app. Or should I just give you full logcat output?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just want to throw something in here what happened to me and I did blame Mediaportal. My .srts were totally screwed and had a wrong time, they were one hour off, so I didnt see any subtitles within MP. Did you check this already?
    You're probably in the wrong topic; this is about MPExtended, not MediaPortal.

I will just ask here before opening new thread: where can I get logs from aMPDroid? I can't find option inside app. Or should I just give you full logcat output?
    Yeah, I believe we're currently using the logcat output (you can filter it for aMPdroid, if you want).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom