SSD1322 OLED display support ? (1 Viewer)

romP44

December 20, 2016
Home Country
France France
Hello,

I would like to use a OLED display with media portal, because contrast is much better than LCD displays.
The controller in my display is Solomon systech SS1322. You can find enclosed datasheet of the controller and the display.

Have you already used this display with media portal ?

I haven't found a driver for LCDhype. Is it easy to create a driver (I have never develop in C++) ?

Thank you for your support.

Attachments

• SSD1322.zip
    1.7 MB

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Developing the driver yourself can be tricky if your have no prior software development experience.
    For high contrast render I can recommend the Futaba VFDs supported by MP1 through Sharp Display Manager.
    The MDM166A can fit in a 3.5' bay the other two can fit in a 5.25' drive bay. You'll probably need a custom made tinted acrylic front panel for a perfect consumer electronic aspect and a custom made USB connection cable.

romP44

December 20, 2016
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks for the advice, but I have already ordered the OLED display. In my opinion, it looks better than VFD, and it's really white, not green. And it's cheaper.
    I will try to do a custom front panel by the company Schaeffer. I already know it but I didn't remembered.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And it's cheaper.
    That could well be the case.

In my opinion, it looks better than VFD
    That's a matter of taste. Personally I like the retro Consumer Electronics look of VFDs.

and it's really white, not green
    With the proper pink filter you can get a white render for your green VFD. Many manufacturer used that pink filter trick on their CE equipments, Yamaha notably.

I will try to do a custom front panel by the company Schaeffer. I already know it but I didn't remembered.
    Have fun with that. Last time I checked they only provided red or transparent acrylic so my VFD is red as I could not bother increasing the cost by getting them a custom material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom