Standby without restart MP etc. possible? (1 Viewer)

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Actually i am running Vista MediaCenter without any problems. TV works flawless, even after standby. It wakes up and sleeps in for recordings. Nice and absolutly surpising for me - after some tests i made with VMC some time ago.
    Had no problems now for 1 week without a reboot. And did not install MST Tool or something. Its just working.
    ( I am aware of the power scheduler coming with TVE3 )

So i ask myself if somebody got MP running this way. No "restart mp", "reinit tv card.." settings used etc.
    I am using a nVidia card and there is now also no problem with stuttering etc. , as the "restart mp..." mentions.
    It just nice to have the software running after few seconds wo/ seeing it restarting first.

Its not that i am unhappy with VMC for now, concerning TV part. Just want to use MP insted, as i did a long time now.
    VMCs media library and its playback - the way you can ( better say cant ) control it is the main reason for me.
    On the other hand i have VMCs stability and reliable standby - but i dont think this will be not possible with mp, too.

Short - are the mentioned options, like restart, always needed or just a workaround in case its not working without them?

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wow, that was a quick response. Thank you tourettes. Good to know that those settings shouldnt be necessary for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom