StandbyWatcher - avoids standby while something is recorded on vista ::V1.1 released! (1 Viewer)

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Had you a software where can define what the power key on you remote should do, like going standby or making a key stroke?
    Can you restart your pc with the remote?

if the first is yes then should it work on your system :p

greetz
    MoPhat

hjbaard

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There is no additional software telling what the power key should do. This is handled by Vista (same as if I had a the MCE remote).
    So I can put my pc into sleep modus. Maybe I have to look in power setting of Vista to control the remote power button, I will look into it tomorrow (when I'm free).

Thanks,
    Henk Jan

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    i think something like girder was able to do that, but check the plugin section for mce remote controls there should be something for infrared controls.... i have forgotten the name :rolleyes:

the only thing is that when you press the power button on the remote should instead the power command a keystroke like ctrl+alt+s.

MoPhat

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There is no additional software telling what the power key should do. This is handled by Vista (same as if I had a the MCE remote).
    So I can put my pc into sleep modus. Maybe I have to look in power setting of Vista to control the remote power button, I will look into it tomorrow (when I'm free).

Thanks,
    Henk Jan

I am using a normal MCE remote (actually replaced by a Harmony One) and I would like to prevent the hibernate/power-off as well. My system's hibernation is controlled by PowerScheduler.

Ron

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    ronzelver

You need a tool to change the effected key when you press the power button to the remote control from power event (windows) to another key.

please search the forum for more informations.

MoPhat

hjbaard

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'd like to hear it when you find something because I can't find it :( (I'm obviously a rookie here)

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @ronzelver

You need a tool to change the effected key when you press the power button to the remote control from power event (windows) to another key.

please search the forum for more informations.

MoPhat

Could it be that I need to change this key mapping in the MCE Remote setup inside MP Configuration?

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    MoPhat, is the source available?

Of course, check the first post ;)

Don't be afraid its a simple tool.

greetz
    MoPhat

thank you! i'm trying to figure out how to prevent a standby even if you press the power button on the pc case or use standby button on keyboard.. integrate this within MPStandbyHandler or so..

thank you for this nice program!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom