StandbyWatcher - avoids standby while something is recorded on vista ::V1.1 released! (1 Viewer)

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thats no good idea because if mp is not running (without the plugin) the pc is not going anymore in to standby with the remote control... :mad:

the standbywatcher watching if anyone presses the keystroke and if a recording is in progress displays a message, waits if its done and goes then in to standby - if NO recording is in progress the system receives his standby command from standbywatcher and NOT from the remote control.

MoPhat

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    look at it this way.. instead of waiting and watching for a specific keystroke i'll wait for a wm_powerbroadcast window message that gets sent when user requests for a standby/shutdown/hibernate...

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Sorry SilentExcept, that doesnt work in vista anymore... :(

Microsoft has removed this possibility.

MoPhat

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    For XP you can define in the powerscheduler if a process is running it should prevent the standby... you must only start a specified programm while is recording, thats all.

or you use pvrscheduler, there is a option to that no standby is possilbe while its recording.

MoPhat

canarygsr

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    I wish this were built into mediaportal

A) If your watching Live TV with no recording and press the power --->PC sleeps/shuts down
    B) If your watching Live TV and recording and press the power button ---> Live TV is turned off and return to the home screen
    C) If your watching an old recording/DVD/MP3 etc and recording and press the power button ---> Stops playing old recording/DVD/MP3 and returns to the home screen

With B and C the computer will automatically sleep/shut down from the home screen when the recording is finished.
    With A I guess it could just turn off live TV and go to the home screen and then sleep/shut down as per B and C.

So in summary if you press power it just stops whatever its doing and returns to the home screen, if there is a recording still running the computer won’t shut down (using TV service standby handler)

***Note this is for single seat installs Multi seats this isn’t an issue.

I was led to believe some people don’t like you being able to turn the computer off while watching live TV (they fear they may press the button accidentally)

Cheers

hjbaard

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have managed to supress the powerbutton (I'm using a Gyration rc) through the enery settings in vista and added the ctrl + alt + S combination for the power button in EventGost.
    If I press the power button when a recording is going I get an error from the MP Watchdog that says that MP was crashed unexpectedly.

I've installed MP RC4 on Vista 32bit home premium.

What do I do wrong here?

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    You should deactivate the watchdog, because standbywatcher kills the mp process, and restarts if its needed ;)

MoPhat

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Eeemm.... I'm start dealing with standby in Vista 32 these vacation days (I used to keep PC allways on...)... I've discovered plenty of little but very useful plugins... But I don't understand this one... Well... I understand what's for... but in my case, Vista doesn't go on standby if a recording is running... Am I missing something?

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Eeemm.... I'm start dealing with standby in Vista 32 these vacation days (I used to keep PC allways on...)... I've discovered plenty of little but very useful plugins... But I don't understand this one... Well... I understand what's for... but in my case, Vista doesn't go on standby if a recording is running... Am I missing something?

that plugin/extension is only needed if you let the system go to suspend mode with your power button.

under xp you can prevent the suspend mode while a recording is in progress, under vista microsoft has removed this functionality :mad:... why ever...

greetz
    MoPhat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom