start button in mce remote control | Page 2

Discussion in 'General Support' started by prp9, July 1, 2006.

1. Paranoid Delusion
    • Premium Supporter

Paranoid Delusion Moderation Manager

Electrical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +1,482 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    The remote should work natively with windows XPpro sp2, is there any toshiba related software that needs to be installed to get XP itself to notice input from the remote, ie led accepting remote input same as my mce remote outside of mediaportal.
    Otherwise you may have to configure Hip or similar to control XP as well as MP.
    from what you say above this is your problem, not MPTray.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mPod

mPod Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    MPtray does not support all those flavours of MCE remotes yet MP supports.

Not a local problem.

4. enzo-ita

enzo-ita Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am not into the software deep enough to realize that MPtray could not support remote receivers that are instead supported by MP.

My logic was simple: if MP works with this receiver MPtray is supposed to work too. I thought it was a kind of shrinked version of MP able only to sense the green button command if loaded by autostart.

Anyway I got around the problem putting MP in the autostart in the same way MPtray was and I do not need the green button to start MP anymore.

Thanks for your help.

enzo

5. mPod

mPod Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    I migrated the MP receiver support back to MPTray. So if you download it again (https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/Input/MPTray/), it should support your remote as well (if MP did before with integrated MCE support).

(FYI: MPTray is not a shrinked version of the remote support in MP, its code has been the template for MP's MCE remote support. MP's part was developed slightly further while MPTray wasn't. That's why I backported the supported receiver's list now. Both support the same range of receivers now again.)

Thread moved to Hardware Support.

6. Marcusb
    • Premium Supporter

Marcusb Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    You don't have to put MP into startup or any other messing around, just tick the "Autostart" check box in MP general config.

Thanks mPod too, for the MPTray update :)

7. enzo-ita

enzo-ita Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi mPOD,
    thnks for modifng the software.
    I dwld it and installed.
    Now the receivers blinks the red led when I press the green button, but media portal does not start.
    Anyway, beacuse I do not want to bother you too much, do not go crazy for me, I found a workaround so it is not a problem for me anymore.

ciao

8. mPod

mPod Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    I guess you haven't installed it correctly then, enzo. If your remote works with MediaPortal's integrated MCE support, it also works with the latest MPTray version.

I have updated the download again and included a ReadMe.txt with install instructions and 2 batch files for installation/uninstallation.

9. RogueSquadron

RogueSquadron Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Hello,

I have another problem with mptray. It starts mediaportal correctly on my machine, however it does not give the focus to mediaportal. So after MP starts I can not use the remote until I click with the mouse on the fullscreen MP.

Regards

Rogue

10. mPod

mPod Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Easy fix: Download Microsoft's Tweak UI, install & start it, go to "General/Focus" and uncheck "Prevent applications from stealing focus". Confirm it all by hitting "OK", as usual. ;)

11. enzo-ita

enzo-ita Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi mPod,
    I did the installa as you directed and....it works!!!
    THANKS!
    Not only it works, but it gets active also on the welcome screen givin me the chance of chosing the user (windows xp) and hit ok to activate the user. This is very handy because I do not nedd the mouse anymnore. ( I have the PC connected to a TV set the mouse is not close to me)

Now I would like to be able to use the remote to open up menu screen and disconnect or switch off the PC. Could you expalin to me how I can modify MPtray so I can add this function? I think I could use one of the coloured buttons.

If I am asking too much, just forget it ok?

Ciao Cienzo

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!