start button in mce remote control (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The remote should work natively with windows XPpro sp2, is there any toshiba related software that needs to be installed to get XP itself to notice input from the remote, ie led accepting remote input same as my mce remote outside of mediaportal.
    Otherwise you may have to configure Hip or similar to control XP as well as MP.
    from what you say above this is your problem, not MPTray.

enzo-ita

Portal Member
    July 1, 2006
    I am not into the software deep enough to realize that MPtray could not support remote receivers that are instead supported by MP.

My logic was simple: if MP works with this receiver MPtray is supposed to work too. I thought it was a kind of shrinked version of MP able only to sense the green button command if loaded by autostart.

Anyway I got around the problem putting MP in the autostart in the same way MPtray was and I do not need the green button to start MP anymore.

Thanks for your help.

enzo

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I migrated the MP receiver support back to MPTray. So if you download it again (https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/Input/MPTray/), it should support your remote as well (if MP did before with integrated MCE support).

(FYI: MPTray is not a shrinked version of the remote support in MP, its code has been the template for MP's MCE remote support. MP's part was developed slightly further while MPTray wasn't. That's why I backported the supported receiver's list now. Both support the same range of receivers now again.)

Thread moved to Hardware Support.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    You don't have to put MP into startup or any other messing around, just tick the "Autostart" check box in MP general config.

Thanks mPod too, for the MPTray update :)

enzo-ita

Portal Member
    July 1, 2006
    Hi mPOD,
    thnks for modifng the software.
    I dwld it and installed.
    Now the receivers blinks the red led when I press the green button, but media portal does not start.
    Anyway, beacuse I do not want to bother you too much, do not go crazy for me, I found a workaround so it is not a problem for me anymore.

ciao

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I guess you haven't installed it correctly then, enzo. If your remote works with MediaPortal's integrated MCE support, it also works with the latest MPTray version.

I have updated the download again and included a ReadMe.txt with install instructions and 2 batch files for installation/uninstallation.

RogueSquadron

Portal Member
    May 3, 2006
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello,

I have another problem with mptray. It starts mediaportal correctly on my machine, however it does not give the focus to mediaportal. So after MP starts I can not use the remote until I click with the mouse on the fullscreen MP.

Regards

Rogue

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have another problem with mptray. It starts mediaportal correctly on my machine, however it does not give the focus to mediaportal. So after MP starts I can not use the remote until I click with the mouse on the fullscreen MP.
    Easy fix: Download Microsoft's Tweak UI, install & start it, go to "General/Focus" and uncheck "Prevent applications from stealing focus". Confirm it all by hitting "OK", as usual. ;)

enzo-ita

Portal Member
    July 1, 2006
    Hi mPod,
    I did the installa as you directed and....it works!!!
    THANKS!
    Not only it works, but it gets active also on the welcome screen givin me the chance of chosing the user (windows xp) and hit ok to activate the user. This is very handy because I do not nedd the mouse anymnore. ( I have the PC connected to a TV set the mouse is not close to me)

Now I would like to be able to use the remote to open up menu screen and disconnect or switch off the PC. Could you expalin to me how I can modify MPtray so I can add this function? I think I could use one of the coloured buttons.

If I am asking too much, just forget it ok?

Ciao Cienzo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom