Start Import Hangs (1 Viewer)

ugli-stix

December 30, 2008
Hi,

I'm running MP-TV Series V2.0.0.0 with MP1.0.0.0. After checking that all my series files are parsing correctly I hit "Start Import". It asks me a few questions about picking specific TV series - and then once the progress bar gets to about 15% it never gets any further (it's been running for about 40minutes now....).

Note that I don't have an overly large number of shows - around 100 avi files all on a local disk.

Should I wait? Will it eventually complete? Or should I use Task Manager to kill it?

Thanks,
John

Hi,

I'm running MP-TV Series V2.0.0.0 with MP1.0.0.0. After checking that all my series files are parsing correctly I hit "Start Import". It asks me a few questions about picking specific TV series - and then once the progress bar gets to about 15% it never gets any further (it's been running for about 40minutes now....).

Note that I don't have an overly large number of shows - around 100 avi files all on a local disk.

Should I wait? Will it eventually complete? Or should I use Task Manager to kill it?

Thanks,
John

Hmm - well I left it running and it eventually finished :)

ranger0293

Portal Member
August 4, 2007
How long did you have to wait for it to finish? I've been trying to import for an hour now, but the progress bar hasn't moved at all. None of the processes show "Not Responding", though.

ugli-stix

December 30, 2008
I think it was just over an hour in total. I realised that I had ticked the options to download Show images and information for all episodes - even if I only had one episode! So for example one stray Smallville episode invoked a download for 20+ shows for 8 seasons!

In case it helps I also saw "Not Responding" statuses in Task Manager - but if you look at the MP-TVSeries log file ( in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log on my Vista install) you can see a lot of verbose output - especially if the debug mode is set. Because this was updating I knew the program was doing something and so didn't kill it.

Cheers,
John

ranger0293

Portal Member
August 4, 2007
I ended up killing the Configuration process, restarted it, and found that the import actually was finished. I guess the GUI just sort of locked itself up.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you are using a MediaInfo.dll that is newer than 0.7.7.7 then there is a severe memory leak. Basically you wont be able to complete a full scan without running out of memory.

I think I used 2GB of memory in a short period of time, I have informed the author of MediaInfo library and he said he will take a look after the holidays.

Zarathrustra

Portal Member
    December 26, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you are using a MediaInfo.dll that is newer than 0.7.7.7 then there is a severe memory leak. Basically you wont be able to complete a full scan without running out of memory.

I think I used 2GB of memory in a short period of time, I have informed the author of MediaInfo library and he said he will take a look after the holidays.

Ahh, this is what I was looking for.

I just installed the latest MP SVN and StreamedMP, and decided to do a full re-import for tvseries. It kept eating up all 2GB of RAM, and 3Gb of pagefile before erroring out. :(

Replacing the mediainfo.dll that came with the svn (7.10.0) with an older version from my MP 1.0 backup folder seems to hve fixed the problem.

Seems strange the newer mediainfo.dll is included in the svn if it has known memory leak issues?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    0.7.7.6 is included in both the TVSeries package and StreamedMP. Possibly a newer one was installed at some point which may explain why the older one wasn't installed.

Zarathrustra

Portal Member
    December 26, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ahh, thinking about it, it may well have been there from a previous install of "Refresh Rate Changer".

J-J

Portal Member
    September 6, 2010
    Antwerp
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    SOLUTION

You need to update MediaInfo to the latest version 0.7.39.
    1. Download the newest version of MediaInfo (you just need the dll-file) --> Mirror 1, Mirror 2, Mirror 3
    2. Copy MediaInfo.dll to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" and replace existing file.
    3. Run import again and it should work fine now.

How this helps someone.

Grtz

Chubler

Portal Member
    July 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for digging up this dinosaur J-J :rolleyes:

I'd hope there would be very few people still running V2.0.0.0 (or with V0.7.7 of MediaInfo.dll for that matter).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom