[confirm] Starting TV causes MP to hang up after resuming from standby (1 Viewer)

ARE2

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Poland Poland
I guess all those problems seem to appear on systems using ati graphics cards. My problem especially appers on system unsing a Nova-T tv card and an ati card.
But that's just guessing. I am still waiting for an developer to have a look at this.

I will agree with the Nova-T part, but not the ATi one... I am having issues on my server only which does not have a graphics card installed ( headless ) but has 2 x Nova-T 500MCE cards.

In saying that tho, the problems were not there with 1.1.0 Alpha... They only started with RC1 ( I skipped Beta, so i cannot comment there ).

Cheers

Agree, as I have same issues, but with an NVidia and latest driver!

Regards
ARE2

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
OK, so the problems also appear on systems not having an ati card and not having an Nova-T (ARE2 doesn't have one), so maybe it is a more common problem.
I can only tell, that as far as I remember I always had that problem and I startet using MP with 1.1.0.0 Beta.

dedi

Portal Pro
January 27, 2010
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Happens here too, Multiseat Client with nvidia (a thinkpad t61p). TV Server has no nova.

need to gather logs and more informations

im not sure if this is a general problem when losing connection with the tv server. i have lags, stutterings and sometimes freezes after manually stopping the tv service for a short moment (restart seems mostly to go well, but had rare troubles too), or wakeup on the laptop (mutliseat client), or connection switch (lan<->wlan) on the laptop. its yet hard to describe and i need further observation to really make some reports.

rue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks like the same problem I have.

My Pc is based on GM945/Intel Atom D330.

I reported this for MP 1.1.0.0 RC1. The only difference is I send the pc to hibernation state.

I never had thie problem with earlier version like 1.1.0.0 beta.

Have a nice day

RUE

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe you all having the same or pretty similar problems could start MP in debug mode so that we might collect some logs here. Remember to switch off all plugins and best to use blue3(wide) as skin so that all those thingys are excluded as problem.
    Read this to make your logs perfect http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Forum/How_to_post_logs
    And remember to type in your system specifications and to make them visilble for everyone, you needn't to type them into your comment!

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I had a similar problem, not sure if this was the same:
    After resume from standby i was not able to watch TV.
    The only solution to get it working was to restart the TV-Server.
    I ticked the option "Reinitialize service on wakeup" in TV-Server "Power Scheduler" and now it seems to work always!

On the same HTPC i also have Vista 32 with MP 1.0.2 running and this option was never needed.

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I ticked the option "Reinitialize service on wakeup" in TV-Server "Power Scheduler" and now it seems to work always!

On the same HTPC i also have Vista 32 with MP 1.0.2 running and this option was never needed.

Not using " Power Scheduler" plugin here...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Not using " Power Scheduler" plugin here...

Could you try using it? As I think there is no other way to trigger the re-initialize than use that plugin. Or you could manually reset the DVB device(s).

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Could you try using it? As I think there is no other way to trigger the re-initialize than use that plugin. Or you could manually reset the DVB device(s).

Actually i can't... I am using a third party WHS plugin called "lights-out" which takes care of all my standby / resume requirements and is also set to stop TVService on S3, and start TVService on resume.
    Started since using 1.1.0 RC1.. B4, with 1.1.0 Alpha, no issues at all... i wonder why i even updated.

Yes, i am using WHS ( server 2003 ) ... the cat is out of the bag.
    Yes i know that i do not deserve help ( unsupported OS ), nor am i allowed to participate in helping you guys ( gets ignored once you find out i am using WHS ).

I am having this very same disscusion in another thread...

Anyway, in a nutshell, TVService will crash at least once a day at random for no apparent reason. I cannot stop it manually and total server restart is required everytime.
    See this thread : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-1-0-rc-1-496/tvservice-dying-very-often-78740/
    It has been confirmed, but not getting anymore attention... probably because i am on WHS..

Anyway.....

mardup

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Toulouse
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello ...
    I have also the problem with crash of MP after resuming from standby, and I don't have the TV server installer
    After the crash, my task bar disapear, i only have the start menu button.
    Description here from another person

My config :

MP 1.1 RC1
    Skin Black Glass
    Asrock ION 330 ( Nvidia )
    Windows 7x64

I think this problem came to me since 1.1 RC1

I tried all versions of graphic drivers : MS, Nvidia, Asrock :confused:

thanks ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom