Starting work on Techno Trend Premium support (1 Viewer)

draktheas

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2005
    I have been talking the TT Premium SDK thread about starting development on TT Premium support for MP. I currently have access to the TT Premium SDK and have already begun working on this.

As a recap from the other thread, I am planning on implementing some Directshow source filters for the TT Premium so I can hook it into MP in much the same way that the SS2 was done.

Hopefully it won't take long to complete this project but I will be using this thread to update on status and possibly get information as it comes along.

Drak

draktheas

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2005
    STATUS UPDATE:

Got some work done tonight. I am starting by extending the functionality in DVB.NET (thanks JMS) with all of the exports from the TT API. Thus we will have a .NET SDK that mirrors the full TT API.

This is probably going to be the most time consuming part of the process, as there are a LOT of exports from the API.

Drak

liborc

Portal Pro
    December 22, 2004
    draktheas, this is great news. I'm not a programmer, but I own a hauppauge nexus and am ready to help with testing your code and/or other things you may need. just pm me and I'll do as much as I can.

I understand many have asked you the same question but still - as I haven't seen a reply - when do you believe you will be done?

AMOF, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone reading this post! ;-)

Libor

draktheas

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2005
    JoeTurner said:
    @draktheas
    Can you post your changes on DVB.NET back to JMS, that he can extent his own project ?

cu
    JT

I am not sticking with the DVB.NET architecture. The DVB.NET architecture has some TT API stuff mixed with some DVB.NET custom code. I am actually only going to be using the TT API wrapper code and extending that. I have started my own library, TTPremiumWrapper, that will closely mirror the DVB.NET TTAPI code, but not quite the same architecture. So it is up to JMS on whether he wants to attempt to roll it into DVB.NET, if he just wants to switch DVB.NET to use the TTPremiumWrapper under the hood, or if it is even beneficial for him to do anything with it at this point.

I am sorry I am not keeping this DVB.NET compatible, but I wanted to create a very distinct level of seperation from the TT API to any level of code above it.

I also want to state clearly that this is not meant as a slam against JMS at all. He has done a very good job of creating a workable high level API for using the TT Premium cards. But for my purposes, I needed more functionality at the lowest level possible above the C++ interface. Without the base of DVB.NET to start with, this project would have easily taken a lot longer.

Drak

draktheas

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2005
    liborc said:
    draktheas, this is great news. I'm not a programmer, but I own a hauppauge nexus and am ready to help with testing your code and/or other things you may need. just pm me and I'll do as much as I can.

I understand many have asked you the same question but still - as I haven't seen a reply - when do you believe you will be done?

AMOF, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone reading this post! ;-)

Libor

Thanks for the support and the wishes for a Happy Holiday. I think I ate way too much over the past couple of days, because my dog is starting to look at my butt like it is a big juicy pork chop. I hope I don't wake up and find my right cheak missing. Hehehe

I can't really tell you when I will be done. I hope to wrap this up very quickly, within 30 days. As this is my first work with the TT API, MP and as I am familiar with the schedule of a software engineer I am very willing to concede that it may take longer. Of course it could go the other way too, but let's be honest, how many times have you heard a programmer say, "Hey, I finished that feature early! Have you got more work for me?"

Drak

JMS

Portal Member
    June 17, 2005
    K?swinter-Thomasberg
    draktheas said:
    JoeTurner said:
    @draktheas
    Can you post your changes on DVB.NET back to JMS, that he can extent his own project ?

cu
    JT

I am not sticking with the DVB.NET architecture. The DVB.NET architecture has some TT API stuff mixed with some DVB.NET custom code. I am actually only going to be using the TT API wrapper code and extending that. I have started my own library, TTPremiumWrapper, that will closely mirror the DVB.NET TTAPI code, but not quite the same architecture. So it is up to JMS on whether he wants to attempt to roll it into DVB.NET, if he just wants to switch DVB.NET to use the TTPremiumWrapper under the hood, or if it is even beneficial for him to do anything with it at this point.

I am sorry I am not keeping this DVB.NET compatible, but I wanted to create a very distinct level of seperation from the TT API to any level of code above it.

I also want to state clearly that this is not meant as a slam against JMS at all. He has done a very good job of creating a workable high level API for using the TT Premium cards. But for my purposes, I needed more functionality at the lowest level possible above the C++ interface. Without the base of DVB.NET to start with, this project would have easily taken a lot longer.

Drak

I agree - especially since DVB.NET will go the opposite way and more and more abstract the underlying hardware. It will not focus on the GUI part which is vital to others. In addition DVB.NET is a rather small private project in no way (!) comparable to the MediaPortal!

Jochen

draktheas

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2005
    Ok, I have completed the new TT Premium API C# wrapper. I will make it available as soon as I have put it to use and tested it somewhat.

The next step is to create a Directshow source plugin with the proper output pins for use in MP. The filter will utilize the wrapper work I have just completed.

That's about all I have for a status update for now.

Drak

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom