Starts Timeshift but video doesnt play... (1 Viewer)

pigboy306

Portal Pro
July 16, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi i have a new Acer Aspire One , i have Windows XP and 1gb of ram. I have installed VLC and set up MP Client ok. I connect ok all the connection tests are OK the machine starts time shifting but video doesnt play on VLC.I have tested using my wifes laptop and everything is ok, i have the exact same settings on both PCs. If i use VLC to open the timeshift file that plays ... firewall is turned off I dont know what i am missing please any help?

coachie

Portal Member
May 13, 2008
Home Country
Wales Wales
Have you tried copying the timeshift file onto the Aspire One and playing it in VLC? Does that work? If so, you may have another firewall/antivirus product interfering.

If not, Have you installed the standalone filters (SAF) pack and Haali media splitter with the Power DVD codec?

Regards

Mark

pigboy306

Portal Pro
July 16, 2008
Home Country
Thanks for the reply. I have tried the MP Client on my wifes laptop works no problem.
I have done a fresh install of windows XP on my Acer Aspire One netbook, i have no virus software, windows firewall is off. I have installed FFdshow and Haali Media splitter and VLC 0.9.8a and no joy.
The connection check shows 4 green oks.
If I open VLC and navigate from the Aspire one to the server via network folders I can play the timeshifted file no problems.

pigboy306

Portal Pro
July 16, 2008
Home Country
Anyone with any suggestions with this ? Do i need to post logs, I am struggling with this as i have the firewall of and getting green oks for connection check, Anyone ??? please!!! Am i missing some minimum spec. I dont think I am I have codecs installed and can stream ts files from the server without going the MPClient. I am at a real loss and would appreciate some help

Thanks in advance.

pigboy306

Portal Pro
July 16, 2008
Home Country
Anyone else any thoughts,I don't know if logs will help as the timeshift starts on the server ok but doesn't stream to my Acer aspire one.

pigboy306

Portal Pro
July 16, 2008
Home Country
Hi i have attached logs for both server and client. I have tried using full MP but cannt get TV.I am thinking it is a network problem but i have 4 ok for the connection check with MPTVClient.... Any help or suggestions really appreciated.

mickypnz

Portal Member
November 13, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi,

Pigboy306 were you able to solve this problem? I am experiencing the same with a client - timeshifting starts on the server, but MP on the client freezes when I attempt to view a channel. The EPG displays correctly.

I am running 1.0.1. Both Vista machines (one is 64bit, one is not). I run Norton 360 v 3 on both machines.

UPDATE: This got my streaming working: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/installation-configuration-support-53/port-1433-blocked-52861/. Although 1.0.1 was a fresh install for the server - I had kept my old version of SQL server installed (this problem may be fixed in completely fresh installs?)

Thanks,

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom