Still no sound replaying .MOV files (1 Viewer)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Sorry, I don't have anything small enough. I'll need some time to cut something.
If you downloaded it somewhere, a link would be good as well.
These MOV files are all from my wife's camera. I tried to cut them using MP's video editor, but it doesn't even see the files. QuickTime doesn't help either; I guess they reserve this functionality for paying customers.
I really appreciate your efforts to help! Any other suggestions?

P.S. After searching further, I found one small enough to post.

Are you sure there are sound in your example?
EDIT:
I updated to latest quicktime alternative (2.7.0) and sound is working inside MPC-HC player now, but i am not able to connect Graphstudio. It looks like it is using its own decoding system.
In MP i got video only.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I have your recording working here using "vista codecs" they seem to have a own setting(which breakes something else, not sure what yet) to get camera .mov files working using ffdshow for audio & video(btw is the movie flipped sideways?)

Regards
    Roy

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi,
    I have your recording working here using "vista codecs" they seem to have a own setting(which breakes something else, not sure what yet) to get camera .mov files working using ffdshow for audio & video(btw is the movie flipped sideways?)

Regards
    Roy

Are you able to connect graphstudio and look on Audiodecoder what filter are in use?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Yup, was about to upload graph(it uses Nero Digital Parser).

Regards
    Roy

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thanks to all of you for your thorough investigations! I had first tried QTalt, because I found QT too obtrusive, then moved on to QT in desperation, when the QTalt installation failed to give MP sound capability.
    Based on the above discussion, should we assume that QT itself is using the same strategy as QTalt MPC?
    BTW, hoborg, the video shouldn't be rotated. In both QTalt and QT on my (XP) system, it showed the way I recorded it (landscape format).

P.S.
    I'm not sure whether this was fixed by RC4 or by installaing Nero 7. Judging from Ronilse's post above it was probably the latter. IAC, I can now play back my MOV recordings with sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom