Still Unable to play Live or Recorded TV (1 Viewer)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi,

I'm still having a problem in being able to play live or recorded TV with MP. This has been going on for around 10 months now, and I haven't really had the time to get around to fixing the issue.

Find attached the logs, three from the separate TV server and one from the MP client. Just by way of information I tried tuning to BBC One at around 17:02 and the dialog box came up "Unable to play stream"

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.log
      104.5 KB
    • streaming server.Log
      1.1 KB
    • TsWriter.log
      21.4 KB
    • TVService.log
      140.4 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This is the problem (from MediaPortal.log at the client):

Code:
    [2018-12-23 17:02:17,389] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - TSReaderPlayer: Exception while creating DShow graph Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {B9559486-E1BB-45D3-A2A2-9A7AFE49B23F} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

CLSID {B9559486-E1BB-45D3-A2A2-9A7AFE49B23F} is the CLSID for TsReader.ax, and it's saying it's not 'registered' in Windows.

On the client, open an administrator command prompt at/in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal (where the TsReader.ax file should be) and type:

regsvr32 TsReader.ax

Hopefully that will register it and report success. If it doesn't then try:

regsvr32 -u TsReader.ax

...to un-register it, then type 'regsvr32 TsReader.ax' to try registering it again.

If it still doesn't work, I suggest re-installing MP on the client.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks! That's great, it is now working on my workstation and I can now watch TV. TBH the server has been playing up for quite sometime and I'm hoping I can put in the necessary time over the holidays to get the whole house system back up and running properly.

Thanks again, I'm grateful for your help.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Just to add a bit further, this same issue happens on the Lounge Client which is win7 x 86. I'll just wipe clean and do a full re-install. This problem happening on the two machines lead me to think there was an issue on the Server - so when I can get to the Lounge PC I'll update to the version to match the TV server and see how it goes.

Thanks again @Owlsroost I'm very grateful

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I managed to get onto the lounge PC tonight, and looked through the logs again. I have the same issue as the other machine. I tried to register the TsReader using the admin command prompt as previously noted, but got the attached error message.

Hmmm.. any ideas?

EDIT: I reinstalled/repaired the Visual C++ files under Program Options and this then enabled me to register the TsRedaer.ax files - obviously something corrupt in C++ somewhere.

Attachments

• regsvr32 lounge machine.PNG
      regsvr32 lounge machine.PNG
      29.8 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom