Stocks & Indices plugin v1.9.1 for MediaPortal (deprecated) (2 Viewers)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Micropolis, the latest version 0.3.0 doesn´t work with actual MP 1.1.0 Beta1. The previous version 0.2.6 works fine. Here are the error messages from MP error.log:
    2009-09-04 12:02:28.627570 [ERROR][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    bei StocksPlugin.Stocks.SetFieldState()
    bei StocksPlugin.Stocks.SwitchInfo()
    bei StocksPlugin.Stocks.OnPageLoad()
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    2009-09-04 12:02:38.106085 [ERROR][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    bei StocksPlugin.Stocks.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
    2009-09-04 12:02:40.056281 [ERROR][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    bei StocksPlugin.Stocks.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
    2009-09-04 12:02:41.488898 [ERROR][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    2009-09-04 12:02:42.803351 [ERROR][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    Maybe it´s the same problem as with HTPCInfo (that you already solved)?

sreggy

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    Italy
    Hi Micropolis,
    I have reinstalled the plugin using the 'Stocks.xml' included and all works better.

As you can see from the attached screenshot I've a problem with:
    - screen title (#HEADER.LABEL)
    - the length of the text (the right margin of the screen cut the text).

I'm using PureVision 4:3 as skin.

thanks in advance

Stefano

Attachments

• shoot-1.png
      shoot-1.png
      173 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Stocks & Indices plugin for MediaPortal v0.3.1

Hi sreggy,
    please try the attached skin file. I've changed some font definitions to a smaller value.
    If the right margins of the screen cuts the text again, you must manually adjust your predefined fonts.
    To do this, please use the following steps:
    • go to your skin folder and open the file fonts.xml
    • create a new font section, e.g.
      <font>
      <name>font8</name>
      <filename>Trebuchet MS</filename>
      <height>8</height>
      </font>
    • save the file and open the stocks.xml and search for value <font>font10</font>
    • replace font10 with a smaller value, e.g. font8
    • save and restart MediaPortal

I hope, this helps.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Micropolis, now it works with your last version 0.3.1. After experimenting a lot of errors, I finally found out that you changed the IDs of the currencies to insert the portfolios.
    A small hint to this important change would have been more than useful. Nevertheless :D for this great plugin!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi catavolt,
    sorry, that these important informations for you, for other experts and skinners are not published in a more transparent way.
    Because of this, with upcoming plugin versions a new chapter in the manual is included, where changes like this are documented.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

aal

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2006
    Hello Micropolis,

I finally got a chance to test your new version. Looks great! Especially the portfolio part. I have a few additional suggestions though! :)

- Can you make it compatible with the StreamedMP skin? I am currently using the 0.8.448 version
    - Would it be possible to configure the screen that the plugin opens with? I would like it to start with Portfolio
    - In the portfolio screen would it be possible to display the info in a table format to make it more readable (i.e. name, price, quantity aligned etc)?
    - next, i would like to see percentages (up/down) per stock in the portfolio (difference between current value and where you bought it for)
    - finally, an overall percentage at the bottom where it currently states investment and amount summary would be nice!

Keep it up, good stuff!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi aal,
    thx, that latest changes and improvements are useful.

Now to your suggestions:
    • StreamedMP skin: For me it is a little bit complicated, to create a skin file. I want to talk to Joz, if he can support me to make it compatible.
    • Start Screen, Percentages: You can find changes regarding these suggestions inside the next major release.
    • Table format: To implement this, I must completely redesign the code. Actually this is not in scope, sorry.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

aal

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2006
    Hi aal,
    thx, that latest changes and improvements are useful.

Now to your suggestions:
    • StreamedMP skin: For me it is a little bit complicated, to create a skin file. I want to talk to Joz, if he can support me to make it compatible.
    • Start Screen, Percentages: You can find changes regarding these suggestions inside the next major release.
    • Table format: To implement this, I must completely redesign the code. Actually this is not in scope, sorry.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Thanks, i'll look forward to the new version. No problem with the table format. Would have been a bonus, but it is ok now.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, i'll look forward to the new version. No problem with the table format. Would have been a bonus, but it is ok now.

Hi aal,
    please checkout the new version, your suggestions (Start Screen functionality and display of portfolio percentages) are now implemented.
    A feedback was great.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom