Stocks plugin (1 Viewer)

cool71

Portal Pro
October 16, 2005
Germany: Stuttgart
Some bugs

Hello,

this plugin is great, but I found some bugs.

- If I change back to Home screen and then select the stocks again it shows no graph and no stock values. So sometimes it is not possible to use. With the first version there was no problem

- Anouther thing is, that if ones an error ocoured the error text is still on the screen.

- Refresh button and the select button it is not possible to control by remote control.

Hope you will find the bugs.

Again, Thanks for this great plugin.

civikdude

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
U.S.A.
How can I change the button text to read something different than "My Stocks"?

I have been able to change other buttons' labels either via strings.xml, or the skin's xml file. Would it be possible to add your plugin to the strings.xml file, or at least include a way to change button text within the mystocks.xml?

Regards,
Aaron

tkortell

Portal Pro
April 13, 2005
Vaasa / Sulva
Home Country
Finland Finland
Could someone tel me what web page the stock info is taken from? I'm not that familiar with stocks so I'm haveing some truble finding some interesting stock to monitor in this plugin. ;)

R/tk

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Shouldnt matter what page they come from as ticker names are per stock exchange and not per webpage....but I pull all the data from finance.yahoo.co.uk

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    civikdude said:
    How can I change the button text to read something different than "My Stocks"?

I have been able to change other buttons' labels either via strings.xml, or the skin's xml file. Would it be possible to add your plugin to the strings.xml file, or at least include a way to change button text within the mystocks.xml?

Hi Aaron,

At the minute you need to change the source. Im using this plugin as my project to learn C# so its a lots of small steps at a time.
    If I need to modify strings.xml then im starting to think that this may need to be commited into the main CVS tree at some point as I am already changing the fonts.xml to enable extra characters. I have tried to keep the plugin sandboxed so it doesnt effect too many outside (main) files. I think this may be a long way off.....

Mods : How do I go about commiting this? Do you want this as part of the main source? If so do you want to commit it now or wait for it to be more stable? Dont mind whatever answer it is....

Egon

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    And by the way, thanks to everyone for posting that they are using this. Makes all the hours worthwhile :) (And yes it is hours....im still learning!)

Egon

tkortell

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2005
    Vaasa / Sulva
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    egonspengleruk said:
    Shouldnt matter what page they come from as ticker names are per stock exchange and not per webpage....but I pull all the data from finance.yahoo.co.uk

Ok, thanks. Do you know of a good list of "ticker" names then? It's hard to know what stock has what "ticker" name. (As I said I'm not that familiar with stocks in general)

R / tk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom