Stocks plugin (1 Viewer)

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    cool71 said:
    Hi Egon,

downloading the stock rates and graphs seems now OK. Remote control is also working.

I tested on my PC with RC 0.2 but on my media center with 0.1.3 your new version is not working. Did you change anything?

Nope. Only thing changed in this version is the skin (to get remote working) and the code to handle displaying the buttons.

Egon

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    cool71 said:
    Hi,

I tried to use stock plugin unter RC3. This ist not possible. Can somebody update the version so that it will work unter RC3

Thanks

Yeah...ive found that too. Dont know why yet....trying to track it down for you all.

Egon

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Didn't someone post today (May 3rd or 2nd) a newer version of this? I downloaded it but the zip file (GUIStocksMay02.zip) is corrupted and I can't find who posted the update.

Egon - has life prevented you from working on this plugin any more?

Mike

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    mzemina said:
    Didn't someone post today (May 3rd or 2nd) a newer version of this? I downloaded it but the zip file (GUIStocksMay02.zip) is corrupted and I can't find who posted the update.

Egon - has life prevented you from working on this plugin any more?

Mike

Hi mzemina,

Ive just had the PM from Joey70 who has kindly sent me the new GUIStocksMay02.zip which he tweaked to work on RC4. Everyone needs to wish good Karma on him as he is a total star :)
    Can you give me the link where you got the zip? Just so I can change my forum topic to link to it....as I dont want to publish it again if its already been uploaded to MP.

Regards developing it, it kinda did what I personally needed so all work trailed off. Hopefully now thanks to Joey70 some more people should download it for RC4 and I will get a new set of feedback for it along with ideas for further development.

Cheers

Egon

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    Regarding the link - that is the point - I can't find it (it just disappeared). I think if you upload it in the download - plugin section (from the homepage) all will be good!

Mike

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    mzemina said:
    Regarding the link - that is the point - I can't find it (it just disappeared). I think if you upload it in the download - plugin section (from the homepage) all will be good!

Mike

New version posted in first forum post :) Enjoy !

Remember this is ForumWare - you need to post that your using it :)

Egon

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    egonspengleruk - Have you thought about modifying your stocks plugin which would allow a ticker tape type view that could be seen across the bottom any skin (when the skin would allow the code to be shown) ?

Mike

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    mzemina said:
    egonspengleruk - Have you thought about modifying your stocks plugin which would allow a ticker tape type view that could be seen across the bottom any skin (when the skin would allow the code to be shown) ?

Mike

Hey Mike,

Its been suggested before, and it would be fairly easy to code the backend part of it, I just havent a clue how to do it in the skins. Ideally you want this scrolling across the main screen (could also use it for RSS news link XBMC) but again, havent a clue how to do it in the skins. If someone else wants to add it in, please feel free to :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom