Stop Button is not working (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Stop Button is not working when pressing while watching a TV recording.
    I suspect that this is because "HID" in "MP Config" is not the correct choice for use with the Hama IR receiver. Note: the Hama IR receiver is not a standard Microsoft MCE RC6 receiver.

I use a Harmony 650 with the Hama IR receiver, and it works well. The setup requires:
    • In the Harmony web-based setup tool, you need to select the "Ortek Media Player" as the device. This will cause the Harmony to send the correct IR signals for the Hama IR receiver.
    • In "MP Config", you need to deselect "HID" and select "Sceneo" (as stated by @joecrow in your other thread).
    • You should download and enable the Ortek/Hama Support Pack referenced in the Wiki page linked by @joecrow in your other thread. Note: I am the author of the Ortek/Hama Support Pack. :eek:
    -- from CyberSimian in the UK

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
    June 21, 2005
    Germany
    But in my other HTPC with MePo 1.19 (Win10-32Bit) it s working in exact the same configuration well. The only Difference that in the Livingroom is 1.27 (Win10-64Bit)

But I will try it ...

I use also a Harmony and must install this section new because may old was an other remote for serialIR

My 1.27 MePo is making trouble in Mass. My 1.19 is runnig well. It is possibel to downgrade it. I'm starting with 1.18 with StreamedMP skin. Then I made the Update ...

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The MCE Stop Button will also not work
    The Ortek/Hama remote control and IR receiver work perfectly well with MP1. If they are not working for you, it is because you have not set them up correctly. Try the following:
    • Put the Harmony remote control away in a cupboard. I understand that eventually you want to use the Harmony, but it confuses matters if you try to setup the Harmony at the same time as you are trying to setup the Hama. You can return to the Harmony after you have got the Hama working correctly.
    • Follow the instructions on this page in the Wiki.
    • Test the buttons on the Hama remote control. Most should perform their expected functions. You can of course customise what each button does by using the "Mapping" button on the "Sceneo" tab in "Remotes and Input Devices".
    -- from CyberSimian in the UK

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
    June 21, 2005
    Germany
    First of all: The MePo 1.19 on Win10 32Bit with the same Remote is running in exact the same configuration ...

Yes: I also will use a Harmony Elite for my new Livingroom HTPC. I've buyed the HAMA only for the IR-Receiver that I need

I've tested the new HTPC with MePo 1.27 and it will not stop with all Remotes. Also not with the Harmony from the ohter HTPC. But the Windows Mediaplayer will do!

Were is the difference?

Edit: Ooooops ...

I edit the Remote section and see: HDI is not set. I set, store, and start MePo and watch a recorded Film. Press STOP ... and it work!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom