[Bug] stopping live TV on one client -> all live streams freezes (linkage scanner related) (1 Viewer)

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Re: stopping live TV on one client -> all live streams freezes (linkage scanner relat

I can confirm the bug, and I don't have Linkage Scanner enabled. Furthermore after this no client can start live TV until TVService is restarted.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: stopping live TV on one client -> all live streams freezes (linkage scanner relat

I can confirm the bug, and I don't have Linkage Scanner enabled. Furthermore after this no client can start live TV until TVService is restarted.
    Odd... i was not able to confirm it...

But great you can - please mantis it. :)

kjd01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 24, 2009

I also just found that when a client turned of their TV it stopped my client from watching a recording. I then reselected the recording again and it did not ask me to resume but started from the start of the show as if I had not been watching it.
    Log attached.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

Can you try replacing StreamingServer.dll with the one attached in this post.
    Please report back if it resolves the original issue, so it can be included in RC2.

PS: Patch is usable on RC1 installations and any newer version up to SVN 25291

Attachments

• StreamingServer SVN25291.zip
      30.7 KB

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

So is this caused by the linkage scanner or not?

After reading through the thread i am not sure anymore :oops:

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

I am not really sure. I do not know how the linkage scanner works and I cannot test either.

However I know that there was bug in StreamingServer that would call the destructor of RTSP objects twice and that would cause an access violation. As a result the streaming server would die (taking all streams down as well) and would be restarted on the next stream to be created. From the logs of the initial poster, I see that the access violation happens just after the linkage scanner reset, so it is quite possible that the reset only triggered the bug in streaming server, but is not the root cause of the issue.

The original poster could surely verify my assumption by trying to reproduce the issue with linkage scanner enabled using the new StreamingServer.dll. If he cannot reproduce it, I am pretty confident the issue is not with the linkage scanner.

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

The original poster could surely verify my assumption by trying to reproduce the issue with linkage scanner enabled using the new StreamingServer.dll

I'll try your streamingServer.dll and report back.

cu

EDIT:

arion_p
    Tested it and with your streamingserver.dll the error is gone. I can't reproduce this error anymore. Thx

gemx
    Seems to be no problem with the linkage scanner. I took a look in the bugreport ... nice to see you've solved the original error. Thx for your great work.

Now I only need RC2 for a perfekt HTPC :p
    cu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom