[no Bug] Stopping LiveTV changes screen resolution (2 Viewers)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

Yeah I think it's clearly a driver bug. I've installed MP and tested it and it's not causing any problems now. I haven't rebooted since installing it, but I doubt that will make any difference.

I can add custom resolutions and use the Force option to select anything. It's messed up though, 'cos if I Force it to 1920x1080i, the list then shows a lot more resolutions, EXCEPT for 720p, and if I Force it to 720p, the list only shows the 4 resolutions I mentioned previously. I can only guess that Cat 11.2 or 11.4 has messed something up or left some trace behind that's causing problems.

I'll probably just restore from an image once I can make a list of software what I've installed since making the last one.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah I think it's clearly a driver bug. I've installed MP and tested it and it's not causing any problems now. I haven't rebooted since installing it, but I doubt that will make any difference.
    Okay, I'm going to mark this thread as no bug then...

I can add custom resolutions and use the Force option to select anything. It's messed up though, 'cos if I Force it to 1920x1080i, the list then shows a lot more resolutions, EXCEPT for 720p, and if I Force it to 720p, the list only shows the 4 resolutions I mentioned previously. I can only guess that Cat 11.2 or 11.4 has messed something up or left some trace behind that's causing problems.
    I wonder whether it is trying to force you to use the same mode (interlaced or progressive) on both outputs. Stranger things have been seen. What happens if you put in 1920x1088i?

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I've rebooted and everthing seems stable now, so definitely not a MP bug.

As for the resolutions, the list is the same even if I've only got the TV DVI output enabled, and when I use it in Clone mode it does use the same res (720p) on both displays, which is fine (even though my CRT monitor isn't widescreen and the picture's a bit skewed, as I only use it for maintenance purposes really).

I'm not sure I'd like to try 1080i in Clone mode as I'm not sure what my monitor would make of it!

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    doveman, afaik clone mode supposes that both displays have same resolution, and video driver takes smallest resolution from both displays that are cloned. So try to disable clone mode and check again if your resolution continues to fallback to default for your TV.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    As I said earlier "This happens whether I've got Clone mode activated (for my TV and monitor) or just the TV DVI output enabled."

Even with Clone mode enabled it shouldn't be a problem (and never used to be) as both displays can handle 1280x720.

As it's OK again now with Cat 10.12, I can only assume it's a problem with Cat 11.4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom