[solved] Stopping LiveTV / MultiFileWriter: failed to create file (1 Viewer)

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, as mentioned i startet live tv on client 1 this morning.
    When i had to leave home i just switched off my tv. Because MePo stopped live tv playback i started it again via teamviewer.
    Told my wife that i left the htpc on and she would just need to press "TV on/off" on the remote, unfortunatly she forgot and switched everything off.
    After that she called me and i started live tv playback on the server - about 1pm.
    Just had a quick look at the logs and found there error msg, so stopped playback.

Hope those logs are ok and helpfull.

Attachments

• server.zip
      182.8 KB
    • client_auf_server.zip
      587.7 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm interesting. I've seen these sorts of messages before, but usually they're caused client timeshifting => server unable to clear timeshift directory => run out of space for timeshifting.
    Have you checked the contents of the folder to ensure there are no old timeshift files using up space?
    What happens if you try to delete the files manually?

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There have been no files inside. If the issue appears and it press stop all files will be deleted, whats kind of wired to me.
    The hdd has 400GB free space.

Next time the issue appear i will try to delete all ts files manually. If explorer tells me they a locked by any process
    i will use the tool "unlocker" to check which process locks the file.

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Till now the issue did not appear again. I uninstalled all not needed software, so i guess one of those programs must have caused it - or it just disappeared.
    Cant imagine which one could have been the source. E.g. mirc, jdownloader, coretemp. However, hope one of it was the reason. So far all is good.
    Thank you guys for your support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom