Strange error w. latest SVN source

Discussion in '0.2.3.0 RC3 and SVN Builds' started by peterk2007, October 26, 2007.

1. peterk2007

peterk2007 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Hungary Hungary
    SVN version: Latest source. (SVN16362)

TV-Server Version: SVN16362
    MediaPortal Version: SVN16362
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo wide
    Windows Version: XP Prof. SP2 w. updates
    CPU Type: AMD Turin64 MT34
    HDD: Hitachi 80GB
    Memory: 1GB
    Motherboard: ASUS
    Motherboard Chipset: NVidia
    Motherboard Bios: ASUS
    Video Card: NVidia 7300
    Video Card Driver: 93.81
    Sound Card: Onboard AC97
    Sound Card AC3: NO
    Sound Card Driver: Realtek driver
    1. TV Card: HAUPPAUGE MC150
    1. TV Card Type: Analog
    1. TV Card Driver: Latest
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: DScaler
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: MCE
    TV: Samsung CRT, Toshiba Proj.
    TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video, DVI

1. Downloaded the latest SVN source.
    2. Copied everything from my fresh RC3+Latest SVN installation to xbmc/bin/release (so i can run the application from here.)
    3. Opened the solution, and compiled (release mode). It was vanilla new, haven't touched anything, just compiled.
    4. Closed VS2005, went to the release folder and started mediaportal.
    5. went to MyDVD, MyVideo - a place where I have a previously played file, so the YesNo dialog should come up with asking if you wanna continue or start from the beginning.
    6. Played the file.
    7. Mediaportal tried to play, then dropped the file without error message in the UI.
    8. In DVD mode I'll have the same issue, except MP stays in fullscreen video mode with black screen (have to press escape to go back).

The same error occurs, if I copy Core.dll, Mediaportal.exe, Dialogs.dll, WindowsPlugins.dll and DirectshowLib.dll over the files of a fresh RC3+Latest SVN Snapshot install, and start Mediaportal there.

I attached the logs, but also copy the error part here because it is partially hungarian ;) So I translate it for you here:

Code (Text):
    1. 2007-10-26 05:43:25.750000 [Debug][MPMain]: VirtualDirectory: this file is not remote
    2. 2007-10-26 05:43:25.906250
    3. [Info.][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:System.InvalidCastException:  The object cannot be converted from
    4.    type „MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogYesNo” to type „MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogYesNo”.
    5.    at: MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.PlayMovieFromPlayList(Boolean askForResumeMovie, Int32 iMovieIndex)
    6.    at: MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.OnClick(Int32 iItem)
    7.    at: MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoBaseWindow.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
    8.    at: MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
    9.    at: MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    10. 2007-10-26 05:43:29.937500 [Info.][MPMain]: TvNotify:LoadNotifies
    (I'll try to debug the problem myself, I just don't have time right now, sorry.)

Cheers,
    Peter

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. peterk2007

peterk2007 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Hungary Hungary
    Ok, I found out the problem: I had another copy of Dialogs.dll in the root folder (/bin/release). I must have carelessly copied a copy there... It didn't matter that it was same binary as was in /plugins/windows because it just can't be this dll there. I suppose Mediaportal.exe (or else) and windowpluins.dll loads different copy of the dll.

Anyway, problem solved, it was my mistake. Sorry. I shouldn't work so late... :oops:

Cheers,
    Peter

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!