Strange error w. latest SVN source (1 Viewer)

peterk2007

Portal Member
April 7, 2007
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
SVN version: Latest source. (SVN16362)

TV-Server Version: SVN16362
MediaPortal Version: SVN16362
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo wide
Windows Version: XP Prof. SP2 w. updates
CPU Type: AMD Turin64 MT34
HDD: Hitachi 80GB
Memory: 1GB
Motherboard: ASUS
Motherboard Chipset: NVidia
Motherboard Bios: ASUS
Video Card: NVidia 7300
Video Card Driver: 93.81
Sound Card: Onboard AC97
Sound Card AC3: NO
Sound Card Driver: Realtek driver
1. TV Card: HAUPPAUGE MC150
1. TV Card Type: Analog
1. TV Card Driver: Latest
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: DScaler
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: MCE
TV: Samsung CRT, Toshiba Proj.
TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video, DVI

1. Downloaded the latest SVN source.
2. Copied everything from my fresh RC3+Latest SVN installation to xbmc/bin/release (so i can run the application from here.)
3. Opened the solution, and compiled (release mode). It was vanilla new, haven't touched anything, just compiled.
4. Closed VS2005, went to the release folder and started mediaportal.
5. went to MyDVD, MyVideo - a place where I have a previously played file, so the YesNo dialog should come up with asking if you wanna continue or start from the beginning.
6. Played the file.
7. Mediaportal tried to play, then dropped the file without error message in the UI.
8. In DVD mode I'll have the same issue, except MP stays in fullscreen video mode with black screen (have to press escape to go back).

The same error occurs, if I copy Core.dll, Mediaportal.exe, Dialogs.dll, WindowsPlugins.dll and DirectshowLib.dll over the files of a fresh RC3+Latest SVN Snapshot install, and start Mediaportal there.

I attached the logs, but also copy the error part here because it is partially hungarian ;) So I translate it for you here:

Code:
2007-10-26 05:43:25.750000 [Debug][MPMain]: VirtualDirectory: this file is not remote
2007-10-26 05:43:25.906250
[Info.][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:System.InvalidCastException:  The object cannot be converted from
   type „MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogYesNo” to type „MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogYesNo”.
   at: MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.PlayMovieFromPlayList(Boolean askForResumeMovie, Int32 iMovieIndex)
   at: MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.OnClick(Int32 iItem)
   at: MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoBaseWindow.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
   at: MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
   at: MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
2007-10-26 05:43:29.937500 [Info.][MPMain]: TvNotify:LoadNotifies

(I'll try to debug the problem myself, I just don't have time right now, sorry.)

Cheers,
Peter

peterk2007

Portal Member
April 7, 2007
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Ok, I found out the problem: I had another copy of Dialogs.dll in the root folder (/bin/release). I must have carelessly copied a copy there... It didn't matter that it was same binary as was in /plugins/windows because it just can't be this dll there. I suppose Mediaportal.exe (or else) and windowpluins.dll loads different copy of the dll.

Anyway, problem solved, it was my mistake. Sorry. I shouldn't work so late... :oops:

Cheers,
Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom