Strange error with 1.2.x but not with 1.1.x In Win Vista, 7 & 8 (1 Viewer)

acpsd775

July 4, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi new here so sorry if this is in the wrong section when i install MP 1.2.x i get

failed to startup tv service system .net.sockets.socketexception no connection could be made (cant remember the rest of the error)

every time i try to start the TV server, But when i use 1.1.x it works flawlessly but for obvious reasons id much rather have the latest version.

Im trying this on windows 8 release preview but ive also tried windows Vista and 7 on the same computer and get the same errors however on windows XP pro SP2, MP 1.2.3 works perfect, Ive tried forwarding the port number it errors with in the firewall even tried disabling the firewall completely and still get the same error which makes it impossible to use my TV card (the whole reason i want it working) I also renamed the TvService.exe.config file as suggested after a Google search but that made no diff either.

Does anyone have any clues to what it might be id be great full of any help, I relay want this working before i upgrade to full windows 8 in a few month because MS are only allowing WMC in the pro version of 8 and at extra cost so would like to use MP as an alternative

Thanks In Advance Ash

acpsd775

July 4, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
hmm odd i re installed windows again and it worked fine this time so no idea what was going on there

Ash

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom