Strange Font corruption (1 Viewer)

Nemulate

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
IOW
Home Country
England England
Has anyone else encountered the following?

In StreamedMP and Mediastream I get a small amount of font corruption at the end of some of the words. It doesn't happen all the time and isn't always consistantly the same letters. Am I right in thinking StreamedMP uses the 'fluid' fonts? I've checked these fonts in Word etc and they display fine! Anyone got any ideas as to the problem and how to solve it?

Many thanks

Nem

Attachments

• font.jpg
    font.jpg
    119.7 KB

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is that the actual resolution you're outputting to your TV? Because I think screen calibration and some of the scaling involved will cause these artifacts around fonts.

Emph

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks for that! My temporary monitor is resolution 1440 x 900 but when I changed it to 1366 x 768 the problem went away although that isn't the native res for my monitor. No problems though as will be connecting back to my tv shortly which is natve 1366 x 768 :)

losttown

Community Skin Designer
    January 7, 2008
    Has anyone else encountered the following?

In StreamedMP and Mediastream I get a small amount of font corruption at the end of some of the words. It doesn't happen all the time and isn't always consistantly the same letters. Am I right in thinking StreamedMP uses the 'fluid' fonts? I've checked these fonts in Word etc and they display fine! Anyone got any ideas as to the problem and how to solve it?

Many thanks

Nem

Hi Nem!

I think, you have installed more than 1 time the default.ttf (Fluid) defaultCaps.ttf fonts (files).
    You shoud check your Windows\Fonts folder may be with "FreeComander, .." than you can see the folder inside and more than one default.ttf file ..

I hope this help you.
    Losttown

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom