Strange issue with 1080i TV and 120 DPI (1 Viewer)

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Hi guys,this days i decided to use my 32" LCD TV with my new Ati HD4870 card using component connection...so far all good MP is working fine at 1920x1080 resolution and is looking fine too,but using my computer for internet or other stuff with the original Windows fonts DPI(96DPI) it's almost impossible.After that i decided to use 120 DPI but now i can't use the preview button inside TV Setup(the button is there, i can click on it but after that nothing happens),i can use the timeshift button instead and all the other buttons are working.Reverting back to 96 DPI solved the issue but in IMHO is not a real solution to this problem because nowadays a lot of people use HDTV's with computer.

I already seached on the forum but none of the 120DPI issue threads poin to the TV-Server Setup,so if any of you have more knowledge of this issue please let me know.Thanks

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For whatever reason the directshow filters do not like 120dpi, when running a directx application\MP.

Again this is one of the things that MP2 will overcome with its design.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    For whatever reason the directshow filters do not like 120dpi, when running a directx application\MP.

Again this is one of the things that MP2 will overcome with its design.

Ok,thanks.MP tv and video works fine with 120DPI so i can live with that issue:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom