StreamedMP / Moving Pictures Mod (1 Viewer)

ninja 12

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi all ,

Thanks to ltfearme and everyone involved in this amazing skin for MediaPortal .

I've made a mod for how Moving Pictures looks in Streamed - It uncovers most of the backdrops by not displaying the movie summary , title , movie length as well as the watched/unwatched icons while browsing through the list of movies.

The movie details can still be accessed by pressing "enter" on your keyboard or the appropiate button on your remote.

I've modified the .xml files for the Moving Pictures part of StreamedMP and created a new overlay image to suit .

I've included a .rar file with my new .xml files to this post .

Below are a couple of screenshots .

mpmod1.png

mpmod2.png

More screenshots can be seen on this post of my htpc build thread - Click here .

I originally made it for Streamed 8.448 but I have just tried it on MediaPortal V1.1.0 Beta , and StreamedMP v0.9.601 and it works fine .

I hope it is of some use to other people .

EDIT -

I've updated the .rar file to include a second version of my mod , without the dvd covers on the main menu .

Attachments

• Ninja 12 Moving Pictures mod.rar
      30.7 KB

MrLobster

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think that the poster now looks a little lost on its own over there.

Perhaps the Poster isnt needed if you have a background image?

ninja 12

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi ,

I left the dvd cover in because with some of the movie backgrounds it's not obvious what the movie is , also , a couple of my movies don't have any background artwork yet .

I've updated the .rar file to include two versions of my mod , one with and one without the dvd covers on the main menu .

Dullie

Portal Member
    May 24, 2009
    I think your mod will look much better if you were inspired by this..

movies-fanart.jpg

There is a connection between the DVD cover and the list of the movies. As well as some kind of information available..

Good luck dude.. :)

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    I think your mod will look much better if you were inspired by this..

movies-fanart.jpg

There is a connection between the DVD cover and the list of the movies. As well as some kind of information available..

Good luck dude.. :)

hi this list view mod look rally good , can you uplad this mod her ...
    thanks,

TheSkinsFan1

Portal Member
    August 28, 2009
    How can I do the same thing to take away the movie info box on filmstrip view and stretch the movie posters all the way across the bottom of the screen?

digmaster

Portal Member
    September 7, 2009
    Amsterdam, NL
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi all, newbie here!

I've done something similar to the OP but in Filmstrip view and a few mods in the Details view. I'm new to all this so please be gentle with me!

Adjustments made are a little less fan art based in Filmstrip as fan art comes more into view in Details screen. Adjustments made as follows:

Filmstrip View
    - Moved the details box and increased the number of Covers to fill the screen
    - In the details box, removed Plot Summary and added Movie Tagline
    - Added UK and IE certification logos and original language icon

Details View
    - Increased size of the Details box downwards
    - Added actor information, country of production information and UK and IE certification logos
    - Moved Year and Runtime in line with Director details
    - Movie Title and Genre are now fadelabels to cater for longer titles and multiple genres.

Some screenshots:

01.jpg

02.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

A few known issues with these adjustments:

- Only 1 language (and country) icon is displayed at the moment until Moving Pictures supports multiple values. Also if anyone can advise how to return multiple icons when multiple values are found that would be great :D
    - The country flag in Details view isn't yet working (again this information isn't retrieved by Moving Pictures). To preview what this will look like change the 'SelectedMovie.country' field to 'SelectedMovie.language' in details.xml
    - Currently the UK and IE certification logos are based on the US certification system so they may be incorrect. A quick tweak of the certification in Moving Pictures config will display the correct certs. Also when Moving Pictures supports multiple cert retrieval I will add logos from more countries

Enjoy, and please let me know what you think

Attachments

• Media.zip
      30.6 KB
    • movingpictures.common.facade.xml
      30.7 KB
    • movingpictures.details.xml
      30.7 KB
    • movingpictures.views.xml
      30.7 KB
    • movingpictures.xml
      30.6 KB

ninja 12

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    @ Dullie ,

That looks like the X factor Skin . I'm sure you could use the files belonging to that skin and modify them to suit.

Personally , I've removed the movie information from the main Moving Pictures menu because it's all available when you click on a movie anyway.

@ digmaster

I think that's just what TheSkinsFan1 was looking for , looks good.

TheSkinsFan1

Portal Member
    August 28, 2009
    @ Dullie ,
    @ digmaster

I think that's just what TheSkinsFan1 was looking for , looks good.

Actually, I do like the stretched bar of posters, but i wanted to get rid of the details box on the filmstrip view altogether (as you said, it's a bit redundant -- if I want the details, I can simply click on the poster).

That said, I managed to pull it off with the xml files posted by someone else in the bugs and mods thread. (I can't remember who to give credit to).

I've attached the files to do so here for anyone wishing to do the same.

Attachments

• movingpicturesList view Mod.rar
      30.7 KB

digmaster

Portal Member
    September 7, 2009
    Amsterdam, NL
    Home Country
    England England
    @ Ninja 12

Sorry, as I say, I'm new to these forums and don't know how to Thank someone yet, but, cheers! It's my first time trying something like this! :oops:

As I said in my post, if someone can help me with returning multiple icons for multiple values (ie a film is in both German and English Original language, so both flags are displayed) that would be great! Also maybe dulling the icons down a bit so they're not too intrusive.

I'm loving your files as well, but I can see what MrLobster is saying about the cover looking lost. How about shrinking it a little and moving it above the list?

Thanks again dude :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom