StreamedMP not opening (1 Viewer)

hilfer

Portal Pro
November 3, 2010
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Hi all:

Don't know why after a fresh install of MP and StreamedMP MP is not opening when I select the streamed MP skin ???

I can see the first window showing some messages about the opening of plugins after that nothing...

any ideas ??

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all:

Don't know why after a fresh install of MP and StreamedMP MP is not opening when I select the streamed MP skin ???

I can see the first window showing some messages about the opening of plugins after that nothing...

any ideas ??

Please post a zip file of all the logs, this will allow us to try and help.

Thx

hilfer

Portal Pro
November 3, 2010
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
There's not many information on the log file:

here it is ( I hope I have copied the right log file)

23-12-2010 23:46:15 [Info] StreamedMPConfig Plugin 1.4.9.2467 starting.
23-12-2010 23:46:15 [Info] Not Running StreamedMP Skin, Exiting...

?????

Dont know if this can help but I'm having same problem with another skin (pureVisionHD)

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
There's not many information on the log file:

here it is ( I hope I have copied the right log file)

23-12-2010 23:46:15 [Info] StreamedMPConfig Plugin 1.4.9.2467 starting.
23-12-2010 23:46:15 [Info] Not Running StreamedMP Skin, Exiting...

?????

Dont know if this can help but I'm having same problem with another skin (pureVisionHD)

Ok, this line 23-12-2010 23:46:15 [Info] Not Running StreamedMP Skin, Exiting... tells us you have do not StreamedMP configured as your default skin so looks like you have bigger issue here.

You can test the default install by running MediaPortal in debug, from here you can run MediaPortal in three configurations 1) MediaPortal with just the base plugins and default skin, 2) Debug mode and all installed plugins and currently selected skin. 3) export all logs.

Any of these options will create a zip file (MediaPortalLogs_DD_MM_YY__HH_MM.zip) on the desktop that can be attached to your reply. (To attach a file select advanced editing mode and manage attachments)

This option is accesed via Start->Team MediaPortal->MediaPortal->MediaPortal Debug-Mode

I would first try option 1 and if the same happens I would post your problem in the General Support Forum (General Support - MediaPortal Forum)

You can post here and I will try to help but I will need the full set of logs, a couple of lines does not help us identify the problem.

Thx

hilfer

Portal Pro
November 3, 2010
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Ok here you have the 2 log reports:

nº1 - with basic skin
nº2 - with streamedMP skin

tks for your patience.
hilfer.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
Ok here you have the 2 log reports:

nº1 - with basic skin
nº2 - with streamedMP skin

tks for your patience.
hilfer.

Hi Hilfer,

Thanks for the logs and they do point out the error, the bad news is we do not have a definitive fix for this. The error is linked to the fonts used and shows up on a few systems, mainly XP.

Please read though this thread, it details similar issues and our attempts to solve it.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...edmp-not-starting-up-all-e_outofmemory-89819/

There are some test fonts in that thread I posted that can be used to prove the problem, some users have also had sucess by ensuring they are using the latest drivers for the graphics card.

Sorry this is not better news.

thx

hilfer

Portal Pro
November 3, 2010
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
This is strange ideed as before the fresh install of MP I used this skin with no problems !!!

Thanks once again for your support.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
This is strange ideed as before the fresh install of MP I used this skin with no problems !!!

Thanks once again for your support.

That is strange, what version of the skin were you using previously?

I might be worth deleing the Fluid... fonts and trying a reinstallation. You also said you had problems with pureVisionHD and that skin using the same fonts. Have you always had pureVisionHD installed or did you add that recently?

thx

hilfer

Portal Pro
November 3, 2010
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Regarding streamingMP I used 2 versions :the new one 1.4.9.2467 and the previous one that I dont remember the number.
PureHD was version 4.5.

What do you mean by "deleing the Fluid" ???

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
Regarding streamingMP I used 2 versions :the new one 1.4.9.2467 and the previous one that I dont remember the number.
PureHD was version 4.5.

What do you mean by "deleing the Fluid" ???

Sorry, I meant deleting the fluid fonts from your system, cant remember XP to well but think there is a fonts app in control panel which list the installed fonts and allows you to delete them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom