StreamedMP visualization questions... (1 Viewer)

axlt2002

Portal Pro
September 20, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi All,

I'm actually using with satisfaction the SteramedMP skin, using the Fanart layouts for both MovingPictures and MP-TV Series. The only thing that I would prefer to be more linear for my taste is how the poster is showed in both the layouts...I don't like so much the reflection on the poster itself as well as the rounded corners (for the MP-TV Series it seems that there are also some black shadings at the top and at the bottom of the poster...). Is there a way to have the posters like the Default view (i.e. no reflection on it and no rounded corners)? For me it would be also nice to avoid the watched/unwatched icon on it...

Another question is related to the Music section. When I navigate inside a specific disc, I of course see the big cover on the left and the song titles list on the right. What I would like to avoid is the repeated disk cover just before the title of each song...for me is definitively redundant...any way also in this case?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help! :)

axlt2002

Portal Pro
September 20, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Ok...for some parts I found an answer trying to play with the images stored in StreamedMP\Media!

For the "issues" related to the poster visualization I have just renamed with ".bak" the following files:

round.poster.frame.png
overlayunwatched.png
overlaywatched.png
overlaywubg.png

After that, and having cleaned the cache, the visualization starts to be ok...but there is a new reflection on the poster (please see the attachment) and I didn't figure out wich file to rename...

I didn't "play" with the images for the posters of the MP-TV Series yet...

For the "issue" in the Music section I don't really know what to do...

Waiting for help and...good night! ;-)

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    187.4 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Settings->Skin->Misc

You can turn off watched/unwatched icons and also rounded corners. But that won't work now that you have edited the XMLs, also skin updates will fail for those skin files because they will recognised as user updated.

I plan on updating all the rounded corners as the original approach was taken before new cooler ways were available to the skin engine.

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ups...Ups...I missed completely that there where some settings that can be changed directly in MP!!!! Honeslty speaking I was just watching at the Home Basic Editor...sorry about that! Anyway my result was obtained only by renaming the .png files, without modify the .xml

So, to points remaining:

- Is there a way to remove also the transparency that I highlighted in the attached file inside post#2?
    - For the Music part, is there a way to don't show the CD cover just in front of each song title (see the attachment to this post to understand what I mean)?

Cheers and thanks again!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
      Untitled.jpg
      215.7 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    - Is there a way to remove also the transparency that I highlighted in the attached file inside post#2?
    You can remove the glassoverlay*.png images.

- For the Music part, is there a way to don't show the CD cover just in front of each song title (see the attachment to this post to understand what I mean)?
    Not without changing the XML common.facade.music, in particular the IconXOff an IconYOff for the listcontrol.

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Wow! We are really near to the final solution thanks! Now the posters look like I want!

I have played a little bit with the parameters you highlighted me, but nothing is changed...I put both of them to 0 inside the follwing section of the xml file:

<type>listcontrol</type>
    <subtype>album</subtype>

Maybe there is something else to be changed or am I missing something?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    since you don't want to see them you want to offset them off screen e.g. -2000 should do it. After that you might need to tweak the rest of the property i.e. shift the text left.

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Done! All perfect! Thanks a lot for your kind help!

May be one day I will be also able to help you in something... ;-)[DOUBLEPOST=1389661126][/DOUBLEPOST]Something new...and may be you can help me again... :rolleyes:

Do you have any idea why the cover art of the CD is not displayed while I'm in the home screen? In all the other situations (e.g. now playing, cover flow, CD details, etc.) it works. If I select another song to be played (from another album), again the only situation in wich the cover is not displayed is in the home screnn. Mmmmmmmmmm...

Attachments

• Immagine.jpg
      Immagine.jpg
      306.2 KB
    Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Not sure, maybe a bug...can you switch to Vertical BasicHome and report back if it works okay since I use that and know it works there.

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi itfearme! :)

Yes, I also think that it could be a bug...as you said in the Vertical BasicHome it works! Where can we ask for a resolution to this? In fact I really like the Horizontal one... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom