Streaming file location (1 Viewer)

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
March 27, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi.

Am a long time user of MP and have a nice happy running setup on my server and client HTPC. I have the timeshift on a SSD and my recordings on a raid array. The system drive is a 40gb hdd and is running win 7.

I have recently added a number of Roku devices to our setup and have been looking for a reliable way to access MP on them. I've come across Emby which for my purpose is ideal. I have configured MPExtended and Emby and have got it all working. The issue I have is that after 5 minutes the stream just stops. I had this issue when my SDD got full (due to me erroneously setting recordings on it). I checked disk space and the system drive was full (5mb free). So I went into Emby and checked as many settings as I can and moved all the temporary folders to my SDD. Cleared as much stuff as I can from the system drive and now have 2gb free space. I ran the TV on a roku again and the same happened..

So my question is does MPExtendes buffer the transposed stream to the system drive and is there any way of changing it to another drive such as my SDD as it seems I don't have enough space on the system drive..

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If it was me I would simply look to upgrade the system drive, 40gb is pretty small these days. You can get a 500gb 2.5 inch sata SSD for under 100 euros just clone it from your system drive (cloning software is often supplied with SSDs or freeware is available, e.g. Aomei Backupper) disconnect the old system drive and away you go, plenty of space and very fast boot times.

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I hadn't realised they are that cheap now!

I'm not so sure if the issue is related to MePo or MPE now as after clearing stuff I managed to get around 3gb free space, after a day of non use im now back down to 1gb!

May need to look more in depth. I had this issue a year back and put it down to Windows update, but obviously that doesn't happen any more on Windows so something else is hogging space and not cleaning up after itself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom