[Feature Req] Streaming from mapped network drives (1 Viewer)

SkinsFan0521

Portal Pro
October 19, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So, I know that it's a known issue that we can't stream from a NAS, but I thought that the solution is to change the logon information for the service? I've tried every combination that I can think of. I've tried changing the logon information in the Configurator, in each of the services, in both of the services, etc. I've tried with the firewall completely disabled and that doesn't change anything either.

I'm sure that the problem is because of the items being on the NAS because I copied a video into one of the local video folders and it works perfectly fine. When I try going to Videos > <my NAS> I see no videos, but when I go to Videos > <my local video folder> I see the video and it plays.

Also, my TV streaming works fine. I'm not sure if it matters or not, but I'm on MediaPortal 1.3 Alpha

I'd really appreciate any help with this!

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

SkinsFan0521

Portal Pro
October 19, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ok, well, after hours of trying to figure it out last night, I think I figured it out this morning.

I had everything in MP set up to use a mapped drive to my NAS. Well, I decided to test something out on a VM that I have and if I change TV Series, Moving Pictures, etc to use a unc patch, that works and I can connect to my network drive to stream through aMPdroid! I didn't need to change the user that the service runs as or anything like that. Just setting the plugins to use a unc path did the trick.

Now, I just need to make the changes in my live system and I can start streaming my stuff from anywhere in the world!

I didn't see that mentioned in any documentation or forum posts anywhere so I wanted to be sure to follow up with this post saying that I figured out the answer if anybody else out there is beating their heads against the wall.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I can't stream from my whs server and I always use UNC paths for everything. Did it work on your production system then?

Thanks

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just noticed this thread, and I am having the same issue with my QNAP.

Tried changing to UNC paths and it works fine now! Thanks very much!

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Regarding mapped network drives, there will be a solution -> https://github.com//MPExtended/commits/mapped-drive-support

Everyone give a big thanks to @Oxan!!!

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Regarding mapped network drives, there will be a solution -> https://github.com//MPExtended/commits/mapped-drive-support

Everyone give a big thanks to @Oxan!!!

So it will work so I can Ampdroid connect with the client and then the music, films, etc. that is on the TV server can stream to your phone? So the folders are shared on the homegroup and also made ​​available on the client.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom