Streaming-issue (1 Viewer)

Andreas Diefenbach

Portal Member
March 3, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

i´m new here and have a problem with MPExtended / WebMediaPortal.

At the moment i´m no longer able to stream Videos / Music from my MP to any device. 2 Days ago it worked without any problems. The only thing that changed was that i added some movies to moving pictures and windows did some .NET Framework updates.

I reinstalled .NET Framework and IIS 7.5 Express on my HTPC with W7 x32.

But any time i try to open a stream nothing happens with the direct streaming, choosing Flash tells me the Video is not found.. In the MP Frontend i´m able to watch the movies.

I attached the logfiles and hope somebody has an idea what happend to my streaming-services. (i hope i didn´t forget any)

BTW: After a while MPExtended hangs up, the service could not be restarted through the mmc-> services only killing via taskmanager is possible.

Thanks,
Andi

Andreas Diefenbach

Portal Member
March 3, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
additional i found this now when ttrying to download a recording or movie:

Webmp is showing an issue that the index is out of the array-range, so maybe i have a problem with the database?

Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.

bei MPExtended.Libraries.Service.Network.IPAddressExtensions.GetNetworkAddress(IPAddress address, IPAddress subnetMask) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.Service\Network\IPAddressExtensions.cs:Zeile 30.
bei MPExtended.Libraries.Service.Network.IPAddressExtensions.IsInSameSubnet(IPAddress address, IPAddress check, IPAddress subnetMask) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.Service\Network\IPAddressExtensions.cs:Zeile 42.
bei MPExtended.Libraries.Service.Network.NetworkInformation.IsOnLAN(IPAddress address) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.Service\Network\NetworkInformation.cs:Zeile 103.
bei MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal.Controllers.StreamController.GetStreamMode() in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Applications\MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal\Controllers\StreamController.cs:Zeile 122.
bei MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal.Controllers.StreamController.Download(WebMediaType type, String item) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Applications\MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal\Controllers\StreamController.cs:Zeile 140.
bei lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
bei System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters)
bei System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
bei System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
bei System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12()
bei System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
bei System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14()
bei System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
bei System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)
bei System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore()
bei System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
bei System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
bei System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass6.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5()
bei System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0()
bei System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _)
bei System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End()
bei System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d()
bei System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f)
bei System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action)
bei System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
bei System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result)
bei System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
bei System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Last edited:

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
May 5, 2012
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Are you using it internally or externally? If internally I don't know a fix but if external you might change your streaming settings to proxied.

Andreas Diefenbach

Portal Member
March 3, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Im using it internal only atm.

Very strange is that since yesterday i could download the Files from webmp without changing anything.

I thought about reinstalling mp completly but now i fear that it happens again. I am quite sure it happened as i was adding movies to moving pictures.

Andreas Diefenbach

Portal Member
March 3, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi again,

after searching for the issue i gave up and reinstalled my whole HTPC.

I installed MP 1.3.0 RC, my plugins and configured it.
Next i added my tv-series -> checked streaming via WebMediaPortal -> works
in the next step i added my movies to moving pictures and after that it happend again.

Not possible to stream, every video / tv-series i start to stream searches and then MPEService crashes.

I´m frustrated now ...

Still someone here with any idea? Or should i try with the 1.2.3 release? But i love the Titan-Skin and the EPG style because in other skins the EPG is smaller.

BR,
Andi

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry for the late response, I've been busy.

Do you have a special network setup? Some code that determines the network address fails in a way that I haven't seen before and shouldn't be possible. You should be able to work around it by setting the streaming mode on the settings tab to Proxied or Direct (but not Direct when possible).

For the crashes you have, new logs would be useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom