Streaming network content? (1 Viewer)

mickelin

Portal Pro
September 29, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I'm trying out 1.4.1 and it works well to stream/download content that is local to the PC I'm streaming from. However, trying to stream a file that sits on my NAS, causes a long dump, where one of the lines says "File not found". I have tried using both UNC and mapped drives with the same result.

Before collecting logs and such, I just wanted to check whether streaming from a non-local drive is supposed to work or is it not implemented yet?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's supposed to work but it doesn't work as good as it should. Have you tried to change the user the service runs as to your own account?

mickelin

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks, running the service under a different account did the trick. Now it works beautifully. I thought supplying the credentials in the service config would be enough, but now I see that it actually says to use a different user. Sorry...

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks, running the service under a different account did the trick. Now it works beautifully. I thought supplying the credentials in the service config would be enough, but now I see that it actually says to use a different user. Sorry...
    Well, the intention was indeed that it would work if you just supply the credentials in the service config, but I couldn't get that to work in time for the release.

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have no password to my network share. I also have no password for my user (win xp).

For this reason I cannot set my user as owner of the service. It needs the user to have a password. Is there a workaround or other solution?

If I set password I think it works but then my HTPC requires me to login for every restart which is not solution for me.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have no password to my network share. I also have no password for my user (win xp).

For this reason I cannot set my user as owner of the service. It needs the user to have a password. Is there a workaround or other solution?
    Not yet.

If I set password I think it works but then my HTPC requires me to login for every restart which is not solution for me.
    I think it's possible to do an autologin with windows XP, but I'm not 100% sure.

mickelin

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, that's what I do.It works very well. If you don't want to edit the registry manually, the same auto login function is available in MS Powertoys for XP. Google TweakUI

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Streaming worked now sort of. Stream starts and work but service is crashing. When I press OK on crash report window the stream stops and service needs to be started again.

I really cannot spot any errors in log. Can I turn on some kind of debug level?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What crash report window? For the MPExtended Service?

The logs can be made more verbose by changing Debug to Trace in all NLog.config files in C:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended, but aside from giving huge amounts of output I don't think that'll help you. If there are no crash details in the log files there probably are some in the event log.

I'll need your logs anyway to fix the crash btw, even if there is no error in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom