Streaming of cutted 1080i recordings only with sound (1 Viewer)

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Oxan,
great work so far!
But i have problems with streaming of my cutted 1080i *.ts recordings in WebMediaPortal.
I have only sound but no picture there. In aMPdroid streaming of these movies completely fails no matter what profile i choose. Attached you find a sample. Hope you find a solution...

Btw. vlc 2.0.2 seems to be a little bit buggy as streaming of HDTV often fails for me :unsure:
With an earlier development version of MPExtended 0.5 i've had no problems.
Also 1080i movies are labelled as 1080p in WebMediaPortal.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    But i have problems with streaming of my cutted 1080i *.ts recordings in WebMediaPortal.
    I have only sound but no picture there. In aMPdroid streaming of these movies completely fails no matter what profile i choose. Attached you find a sample. Hope you find a solution...
    That's probably because the first frame in the .ts file isn't a key frame, which is something a lot of programs have problems with... I think the only way to fix this is to figure out whether VLC or ffmpeg can handle these correctly, and which arguments they need for that.

Btw. vlc 2.0.2 seems to be a little bit buggy as streaming of HDTV often fails for me :unsure:
    With an earlier development version of MPExtended 0.5 i've had no problems.
    I don't think we've updated the VLC version in a long time. You could try to use 2.0.4 though.

Also 1080i movies are labelled as 1080p in WebMediaPortal.
    We don't do interlacing detection, SD / 720p / 1080p is purely based on the resolution. I'll see if I can change that for 0.6.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for answering.

Do i have to recompile the vlcwrapper against the new versions of vlc?

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay i will try copy & paste...

Another problem, maybe aMPdroid specific, when a stream fails ffmpeg process isn't killed.
    Also by using external players and sliding back in timecode, new instances of the transcoder are started but the old ones aren't killed.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Okay i will try copy & paste...

Another problem, maybe aMPdroid specific, when a stream fails ffmpeg process isn't killed.
    I think this can be improved in aMPdroid too, but it'll take iirc 60 seconds for the transcoder to be killed.

Also by using external players and sliding back in timecode, new instances of the transcoder are started but the old ones aren't killed.
    It takes iirc 60 seconds to kill the ffmpeg process when using an external player.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It takes iirc 60 seconds to kill the ffmpeg process when using an external player.
    Okay, maybe i was to impatient. Sorry!

But back to my original problem... also with cutting my recordings at i-frames, it doesn't change anything:(
    I realized it is only a problem of the vlc transcoding process. I changed my WebMP flash profiles to ultilize ffmpeg and it works perfekt!
    Okay, seeking doesn't work anymore but maybe @Brownard can make it possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom