Streaming only working from external network (1 Viewer)

xPETEZx

Portal Member
August 6, 2010
Home Country
England England
Hi,

I am using the lateset version of aMPdoird from the marketplace on my Galaxy S3, and eventually got everything setup to work.
I can now browse all my media, view recordings and use the WiFi remote to control my media PC.

However I have a strange problem with streaming. If I stream anything while in the house, be it Live TV or a film with any quality setting selected, using external player or not, I will get 3-5 seconds of playback and then it stops.

I also setup port forwarding on my router for external access.

The strange thing is, when I am away from home I can stream everything just fine. Even over 3G, I was able to wtach live TV, movies and TV sieres.

I then tried using my "external" settings in the house, but stil it cuts off after 4-5 seconds.

Anybody have any ideas how to fix?

Thanks for reading!

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    That is a very strange behavior...

Could you please post log files from your phone for both situations so I can compare what is happening?

thx

xPETEZx

Portal Member
    August 6, 2010
    Home Country
    England England
    this is going to sound stupid, but how do I get the logs on the phone? I have had a look in the app but cant see anything obvious.
    I am out of the house at the momment, so can't post the logs for when it does not work, but will do that this evening.

Thanks for your very fast reply!

xPETEZx

Portal Member
    August 6, 2010
    Home Country
    England England
    Ok I have managed to export the log file.
    It runs to over 35,000 lines.

Attachments

• logcat.txt
      0 bytes

xPETEZx

Portal Member
    August 6, 2010
    Home Country
    England England
    Nobody have any idea?

Just been testing more, and it seems to always work for streaming films and TV sieiers when away from home.
    For streaming TV it is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it works fine away from home, other times it behaves exactly the same as when in the house.
    Anybody have any ideas for what I could test?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom