Streaming problems (1 Viewer)

Buzzard2020

Portal Member
October 22, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Having a problem streaming to Ampdroid1.1 on my Sammy Galaxy Note tablet. Everything seems to installed fine as Ampdroid recognises all my media including my recorded programs. When I select anything to stream I get the player screen but it says 'stream failed' immediately. I've read through most of the threads on here, Ive done testing with my firewall and anti virus turned off, I have also used UNC paths for my sources, most of my media stored on my NAS and my recordings are based on the HTPC TV server, I also have had no success streaming from a local drive in the machine. I have been able to start a live tv stream but it will not play for long. There are no problems playing my media from within MP itself and have even tried to stream to Ampdroid while MP is running with no success. Any ideas as ive exhaused my knowledge. I have included the MPextended log for you, my recent tests have been from 31/12/12 at 08.24 onwards.

Attachments

• mpextended log 311212.zip
    33.6 KB

jomed

Portal Member
November 9, 2007
Same problem with TV recordings here. Tested with Ampdroid Pro and two different Android devices (Motorola Xoom, LG Optimus 2x).

The same thing happens for live TV when StreamOnDeviceQuick is set as standard action. Otherwise streaming of live TV works fine.

bakerpr

Portal Pro
July 21, 2009
Home Country
I have the same problem streaming to my new cheapish Gadmei E8-hd tablet running ICS version 4.04 but I have no problems with my old Nexus S phone running JB 4.1.2.
Also seems to lock the tuner that the stream is accessed from, whereas my phone closes the stream even when the app does on occasion crash.

DaRacerz

Portal Member
April 4, 2008
New York
Home Country
Poland Poland
I too have the same stream failed error. I'm on jellybean 4.1.2 on galaxy note 10.1

Not sure what's causing it but my logs are extremely similar to yours.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Recordings (from the detail page) is a known bug, try to use the long-press action from the list view...

If you have your files on a NAS, IT IS IMPORTANT TO SET THE USERNAME IN THE MPEXTENDED CONFIG (configuration tab).

Buzzard2020

Portal Member
    October 22, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi thanks for the replies, pleased to see im not the only one with the issue.

Ive tried to put the username into extended config which is just 'admin', but it tells me its not the correct format of name. What exactly should go in there?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You need to enter your windows username and password! To be excact, it has to be a windows user that has access to your NAS. Otherwise MPExtended can't access your NAS because it runs as a service (not in the context of the logged in user).

Buzzard2020

Portal Member
    October 22, 2012
    Home Country
    Got that, the problem with the username/password was that there was no password. I have added one in user accounts and MPextended now accepts the credentials. Unfortunetly all streams and downloads still immediatlely fail. I have included another log since the password acceptance.

Attachments

• extended log 250113.zip
      17.9 KB

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ok are you ABSOLUTELY AND WITH NO DOUBT sure that the user for which you entered username/password in the config has in fact access rights to your NAS?

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Don`t want to step on any ones toes but, i know the setup of Buzzard2020 as well and the pc in question only has one login account for the windows pc, which in turn is used to accesses the nas shared folders, and this is also the machine that is used to rip to the nas and play recordings/movies etc form the nas via mepo.

The Folders shared from the nas to the windows pc is where the files etc are accessed (obviously) via mepo.

Hope this helps in some way mate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom