Streaming RAR files (1 Viewer)

jackjson

Portal Pro
December 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello,

Yes, I can see UNPACKED.IMG om the M: drive.
And I also see Rarmount2 window. Status: Connected to Imdisc

If I press enter again I'll gett the status "Conection lost, exiting"
And the "Remavable disk M:" is removed.

Is there any chance that Imdisc is having trouble with Deamon tools?
Is the mounted drive supposed to be M:?

/Denon99

The Daemon Tools integration has not been tested. I'm not sure if RarMount2 works with compressed disk images (IMG/ISO). I'll have to get back to you on that one.
Are you able to play RAR:ed movie files (avi/wmv/mpg) ?

EDIT:
New version of RarMount.dll, where I've added support for DaemonTools:
http://www.jackjson.se/rarmount/RarPlayerMount2_080205.zip

sorling

Portal Member
January 27, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Jackjson, I found a bug I think, i tried to open a .avi that was rar'ed as *part01.rar *part02.rar and so on, it didnt work that good. Its not that big of a problem but i will let u know.

jackjson

Portal Pro
December 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Jackjson, I found a bug I think, i tried to open a .avi that was rar'ed as *part01.rar *part02.rar and so on, it didnt work that good. Its not that big of a problem but i will let u know.

What happend?
I have no problem with *partXXX.rar-files.
Please send a PM with more info (release name, etc).

kristoferp

February 11, 2008
Hi Jackson!
Looks like you are doing some great work, unfortunatly im having trouble using the plugin. Im trying to run it on a Windows XP system (using the latest SVN of mediaportal) with only 512MB and im starting to wonder if the small amount of ram is in some way restricting the use. Does ImgDisk try to load the image on RAM? When I try to use your RarMount plugin in Mediaportal, RarMount connects to ImgDisk and the m:drive is created and loaded with the videofile, but mediaportal never starts playing the videofile. If I manually try to load the file in VNC from the m:drive it takes a while for the video to start playing, but it plays. Any ideas?

doggedilo

Portal Member
January 21, 2008
i just can't get it working, it gets to connected to ip:port and hogs the cpu.
Error creating virtual disk: Referensen (handle) är felaktig.
thats what it says when launching it imdisk from console

wolf5

January 9, 2008
Can someone explain how technically this code works? Running the exe file and imgdisk maps up a disk with the contents. If I place the files into its rightly folders, and click on a RAR file in Media Portal nothing happens.

What is supposed to happen? I like the technical view of how it works together.

Oh. Does AutoPlay have to be involved for it to start playing? (I've disabled autoplay so powerdvd doesnt start playing the automountet ISOs)

Is the content played in the internal player or an external (where the remote control probably wont work)?

doggedilo

Portal Member
January 21, 2008
got it working now on vista ultimate.
works for small (around 700mb) but when you go up in size it seems that it has some problems unmounting and closing down. and after it locks up and you close the process it wont start up again. this is on 4gb and 8gb movies, is it just me or does everyone have this problem?

14bmail

March 11, 2008
Home Country
Mmm, I just came across what appears to be a nice RAR streamer of movie/RAR files movie player. The name is "Dziobas RAR Player PORTABLE", going to try it on the HTPC and see how it is/can integrate into Media Portal. Hopefully it's a nice "easy" solution for people like me who have been wanting the ease of watching movies like in XBMC on xbox to happen on a PC (media portal mainly :D )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom