Streaming RAR files (2 Viewers)

jackjson

Portal Pro
December 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Great initiative, jackjson, keep up the good work :)
Any news on the >4GB UDF solution?

Unfortunately the UDF implementation seem harder than I first thought. The specification document is pretty fuzzy :confused: If anyone feel like helping to sort this out, please send me a PM.

denon99

Portal Member
December 4, 2007
Hello Jackjson,
Regarding an erlier post:

"I've tried WinMount. It can mount RAR archives, even compressed ones, and play the contents without unpacking the archive first. However, as it is emulating the FAT32 file system, it can not mount an archive containing files larger than 4gb (for example dvd iso's).
Compared to my plugin it is pretty much the same, except that mine can not read compressed archives (and that mine is free).
"
I just want to say that if "winmount" is the script used in XBMC then it is fully capable of mounting .iso/.img >4 gb.
I have used it for that a couple of years now. No problems. Thats one of the major reason fot the success with XBMC.

Best regards

Denon99

jackjson

Portal Pro
December 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello Jackjson,
I just want to say that if "winmount" is the script used in XBMC then it is fully capable of mounting .iso/.img >4 gb.
I have used it for that a couple of years now. No problems. Thats one of the major reason fot the success with XBMC.

No, WinMount is an third-party application. It works much like Daemon Tools.
http://www.winmount.com/

jonnep22

Portal Member
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Jackson, Do you know why the movie starts as a "thumbnail" movie down in the left corner ?

Im looking at and-81's source but cant figure out why?

jackjson

Portal Pro
December 8, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Jackson, Do you know why the movie starts as a "thumbnail" movie down in the left corner ?

Im looking at and-81's source but cant figure out why?

Probably because my plugin opens up a cmd shell window.
I'll try to fix it in my upcoming release.

Update on the 4gb issue:
I've abandoned UDF since I can't get it to work. Instead I'm trying to mount a fake NTFS file system containing the archived movie. NTFS isn't very easy to implement either, so please have patient.

jonnep22

Portal Member
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hmm, I've programmed my own rar plugin using winmount since i wanted subtitles to work. My movie starts as a thumnail aswell even if Im not using a shell window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom