Streamline Moving Pictures and MP TV Series. I would love to see you dudes do this. (1 Viewer)

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I would love to see you dudes do this.
    Talk together whit the My Tv series.

And streamline your:

Menu structures:
    Right now its messy, as you do it different ways, and have different locations for different things, its confusing, and will just get worse over time.. So why don’t you talk together, and make a plan.
    So when I press More, and 2 it will delete movie/tv ep no matter if im in moving p or in my tvseries plugin.

Listings:
    Newest, newest added, not seen, highest rated.

Your filters:
    Look at XBMC there filter system is just GREAT.. perfect

Your search:
    Look at XBMC there search system is just GREAT.. perfect

And I know you are missing, search, and or filter systems all together.
    So this is kind of a request also, but im sure its been requested, and its already planed..

But why not get it right when you make it, when this days comes.

Well I hope you understand, It’s hard to explain in English hehe..
    Thanks for all the hard work, I DO Appreciate it! ;)
    MP, I would not use if it wasn’t for Moving pictures and MP TV series..

I would love to see Moving Pictures Dudes, Talk to MP Tvseries Dudes.
    About this things here..
    Ill post only in this forum, as you are the newest plug-in, and you are the ons missing most features.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

See this. You can check what the status is of the things you requested. My guess is they are already in there...

As for the talking together thing... I can only support it. One approach / method for both systems feels better to me as well.

/Ed

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    i'm sure its in there also, broken up in to many requests. and from different users.

What i am asking is a 1 total request streamlined, for 2 driffrent plugings..
    So i cant use that its already in there ;( as thy have to make it all, in one big go, and talk together about it..
    so thats why i post it here, for them to see ;)
    and not request it, as it already requested in parts by other users, on both plugings, broken up in to many small requests heheh

hope you understand :)

mojo_lo

Portal Member
    September 1, 2007
    A little OT, but as someone who's never used XBMC, just curious why you prefer MP - especially since XBMC already has a lot of cool features. I was also considering exploring XBMC, but haven't been able to get around to it. :)

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Moving pitures - MP TVSeries.. those 2 plugins are the main reason why i use MP and not XMBC..

i think if xbmc had better TVseries management, i probably would use it until MP was more stable hehe

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Moving Pictures and MP-TVSeries are 2 different plugins, each with there specific field of view. Yes there is overlap, but combining the 2 is perhaps just a bit to much.
    Also, but this is just a guess, it is easier to oversee the feature request per plugin.
    I do agree on the similarity of the plugins. They should talk (but I'm also guessing they already are ;-) )

And furthermore MP not stable? If you are only using TVSeries and MovingPictures as plugins it should be solid. (assuming you are not running any SVN! in which case you should know you are walking along the edge of a very steep slope....)

Crewone

Portal Member
    June 30, 2007
    The point is not to combine them, but to have a consistent interface across multiple plugins. Moving Pictures and TVSeries sould behave in the same way when switching vieuws, switching pages, etc.

And unfortunately MP is not really stable. I use RC3 and if I don't restart it after resuming from S3 standby MP will use 3Gb (!!!!!) of memory after two or three times standby-resume. (All plugins disabled except moving pictures and tvseries) MP also crashes, not often, but it does. And it's very slow on my 3Ghz core2duo w/ 4G ram, especially to startup. But the features of TVSeries and Moving Pictures are so awesome that I cope with all that slowness and resource-hogging just to use these two ubertawesometastic plugins :) :)

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    And furthermore MP not stable? If you are only using TVSeries and MovingPictures as plugins it should be solid. (assuming you are not running any SVN! in which case you should know you are walking along the edge of a very steep slope....)

Dos not matter if i use SVN er not, its not stable..
    But the stable issue, i think is relatet to TVseries, pluging making problems
    i have postst in SVN tread for Tvserie about this..

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The point is not to combine them, but to have a consistent interface across multiple plugins. Moving Pictures and TVSeries sould behave in the same way when switching vieuws, switching pages, etc.
    Well, the only thought I'm getting right now is: Why? why should they behave the same? (not that my thought alone is enough to rule the world :D, but I truly don't see why)
    Movie covers are not the same as TV series banners. Different layout issues, different view issues.
    Filmstrip view for TVseries? Possible, likely, I don't know.
    Switching views is controlled by MP not by the plugins (as far as I know) as are switching pages...

I use RC3
    Release Candidate... Not such a steep slope, but a slope nevertheless. :)

Now don't get me wrong. These two plugins are also my main reason to use MP. Similarity is already there so if the devs are willing, by all means let them.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Point well taken and I agree with you BrownGhost, I think there unfortunately will always be at least SOME differences though. TV-Series is a much more mature plug-in so it has more features available. As we start to fill in functionality for Moving Pictures, those new features will be added to the menus, but unless we develop these features in the same order they are listed on the TV-Series menus, it would be impractical to keep everything on the menus the same down to the number to be pressed. Ultimately, the two plug-ins are just two seperate pieces of software so there will always be differences.

For what it's worth I recognize that the TV-Series plug-in is familiar to a large number of people, so I have and will continue to borrow ideas from them as much as practical. And we will try to create similar interfaces when possible. Just realize that things will never be 1:1 the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom