Stuck on "Retrieving possible matches" !! (1 Viewer)

luci5r

Portal Pro
May 30, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Capture.PNG

I have been using the Moving Pictures Plugin with Media Portal for 2 years now; I haven't ever had a problem - not even once.

This morning something strange started happening. After adding some new movies to my movie folders, I fired up Moving Pictures Configuration as usual. Under Movie Importer, all my new movie files were listed --- but it's getting stuck on "Retrieving Possible Matches" .... it was stuck on one of movies so I thought maybe there's a problem with that movie and I put it on Ignore list. Fired it up again and same thing --- it's stuck on the next one now. I don't think it's the movies. There's something wrong with the plugin.

I used this process just about a week ago and everything was fine. Haven't updated anything or even touched anything. Yet today - the Movie Importer refuses to find possible matches to fill in details for the movies.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

luci5r

Portal Pro
May 30, 2011
Home Country
Capture.PNG

Well I think I found the problem.

Someone else had a similar issue and found the "Regular Expression Noise Filter" field in the movingpictures.db3 to be corrupted. I have the EXACT same happen to me. The field is corrupted ... Please see above.

Does anyone know how to fix this??

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Replace the dB value with:
    Code:
    (([\(\{\[]|\b)((576|720|1080)[pi]|dir(ectors )?cut|dvd([r59]|rip|scr(eener)?)|(avc)?hd|wmv|ntsc|pal|mpeg|dsr|r[1-5]|bd[59]|dts|ac3|blu(-)?ray|[hp]dtv|stv|hddvd|xvid|divx|x264|dxva|(?-i)FEST[Ii]VAL|L[iI]M[iI]TED|[WF]S|PROPER|REPACK|RER[Ii]P|REAL|RETA[Ii]L|EXTENDED|REMASTERED|UNRATED|CHRONO|THEATR[Ii]CAL|DC|SE|UNCUT|[Ii]NTERNAL|[DS]UBBED)([\]\)\}]|\b)(-[^\s]+$)?)

Last edited:

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Replace the dB value with:
    Code:
    (([\(\{\[]|\b)((576|720|1080)[pi]|dir(ectors )?cut|dvd([r59]|rip|scr(eener)?)|(avc)?hd|wmv|ntsc|pal|mpeg|dsr|r[1-5]|bd[59]|dts|ac3|blu(-)?ray|[hp]dtv|stv|hddvd|xvid|divx|x264|dxva|(?-i)FEST[Ii]VAL|L[iI]M[iI]TED|[WF]S|PROPER|REPACK|RER[Ii]P|REAL|RETA[Ii]L|EXTENDED|REMASTERED|UNRATED|CHRONO|THEATR[Ii]CAL|DC|SE|UNCUT|[Ii]NTERNAL|[DS]UBBED)([\]\)\}]|\b)(-[^\s]+$)?)

Ok, here's what's hapenning at this point.

I did indeed change values in the Settings table for the Noise Filter field to valid values. Right after that the Movie Importer launched and did indeed start working!! It was able to retrieve information for 2 out of the 4 movies I added.

However - Once again it got stuck on one of the movies. I closed it and checked the movingpictures.db3 and the Noise Filter field was CORRUPTED AGAIN!!!

Once again I fixed it in the db3 and launched Movie Importer --- Once again it successfully added 2 movies but got stuck again on another. Opened up the table and Noise Filter field was CORRUPTED AGAIN.

I don't get it!! What is corrupting the noise filter field again & again.

Right now it's getting stuck not at "Retreving possible matches" but instead at "Retrieving Media Information" on one of the movies.

Any ideas what's going on?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Strange... I think @fforde needs to answer your question.
    Just to be sure he has all the info he needs, can you reproduce the problem and post some logs? (See my signature on how to collect those)

Last edited:

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Strange... I think @fforde needs to answer your question.
    Just to be sure he has all the info he needs, can you reproduce the problem and post some logs? (See my signature on how to collect those)

Quick Question -- The problem isn't happening with Media Portal or after launching Media Portal; But rather when launching the MovingPicture Configuration in the MediaPortal Configuration under Plugins. How do I get logs for that? I know (and have used before) how to post logs for issues with Media Portal; but this is more of a plugin configuration issues --- Media Portal as such is working fine. Will the Debug-Mode & Report a bug to team media portal work for this as well?

Thanks.[DOUBLEPOST=1344361025][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok -- Here's the logs with all extensions enabled while running Media Porta. However, as I stated earlier, Media Portal is working fine -- my problem is during the Moving Pictures Movie Importer Configuration, and I'm not sure how to prepare logs for that.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I see you're using an older version of MediaPortal (v1.2.1), and since it seems to 'hang' on retrieving Media Info, it might be a problem with an old MediaInfo.dll
    Please try the attached .dll and put it in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

MovingPictures also logs when you open the config, but attached log doesn't show much. If the attached .dll doesn't solve your problem, open the MovingPictures plugin, import the movies again till the problem occurs. When it freezes up again, go to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log and attach the movingpictures.log here.

Attachments

• MediaInfo.rar
      871.3 KB
    Last edited:

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    I see you're using an older version of MediaPortal (v1.2.1), and since it seems to 'hang' on retrieving Media Info, it might be a problem with an old MediaInfo.dll
    Please try the attached .dll and put it in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

MovingPictures also logs when you open the config, but attached log doesn't show much. If the attached .dll doesn't solve your problem, open the MovingPictures plugin, import the movies again till the problem occurs. When it freezes up again, go to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log and attach the movingpictures.log here.

I didn't realize there was a newer version of Media Portal out --- Before I do anything at all; Let me update to the latest Media Portal and I'll see what happens then. Thanks.

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country

Ok - I updated my Media Portal to the latest 1.2.3. The problem with Moving Pictures still persists.
    Attached are the moving picture logs as you described. I fired up the Moving Pictures configuration - launched Movie Importer - It successfully added 2 of the movies but 'hung' on the 3rd one with "Retrieving Media Information". I closed it and I have the logs attached here for you.

Thanks.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    list of SQL errors :( Looks like you got a problem with your movie database.

Go to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database and move the movingpictures.db3 file to another folder, then retry. This will create a new database file, so every movie needs to be readded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom