Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Thank you for the info.

I will try it under windows xp and see how it performs. Although i will use the PDVD8 codec which seems to play fine too.

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi guys,
    I always had some stuttering with HD TV (all Canal+ HD channels). I'm using the excellent SAF5 and so PDVD10 to view these channels.
    I never found any solutions so I decided to live with it.
    But since a few days now HD TV are perfectly displayed, no more stuttering. I don't know exactly why but I suspect that it's the latest Nvidia drivers (the update proposed by "Windows Update" these last weeks) that did the trick. Or maybe the last SAF5 SVN100906 but I don't think so.
    For the ones of you that have a Nvidia cart I would like to know if you can confirm this...
    Thanks

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Latest NVIDIA drivers are 258.96 and they are almost 1 month old.

I am using them since the release and still have the stuttering so it is not due to nvidia drivers. Maybe it is the latest SAF svn.

I will try it.

Is SAF5 using PDVD10 for HDTV?

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France
    Yes SAF 5 (unlock version) is using pdvd10 for HDTV.
    I had not tested my HD channels for a few months when I realized this week-end that they worked fine, that's why I thought it was the new nvidia drivers, but I'm probably wrong.
    I have asked Hoborg on the SAF5 topic to see if it can be the new version that fixed the problem.
    I don't know what else it could be...

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France
    Update: After passing from Vista 32bits to 7 32 bits (clean install) I went back with my drop-frames problem on HD TV, even with the latest Nvidia drivers.
    Yesterday I have then tested the latest dshowhelper.dll file (Accurate_sync_ver_13.zip) provided with Mepo Audio renderer (even if not using the render itself) because I remember having done it too with my previous install and then everything looks ok :) I tested a few hours yesterday evening and no drop frames.
    I will do more test but I'm optimistic...
    So for me: MP 1.1.1, latest Nvidia Drivers, dshowhelper.dll file (Accurate_sync_ver_13.zip) and PWDVD10 (SAF 5) seem to be the solution for HDTV

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    OK I think I have fixed this on my system by usinf SAF and CoreAVC Codec.

I installed CoreCodec (did not install the bundled Hallislitter).

In the Core Codec configuration I then set the following for what I consider the best picture:

Deinterlacing: Hardware
    Force VMR AR Correction

everything else left as per the defaults.

Now have perfect BBC HD, BBC One HD and ITV HD - however it is software decoder, so using about 50% CPU - but that isnt too bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom