robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I had this problem with SAF5.614 onwards

(I think it was 614 anyway - I am in the process or reinstalling XP at the moment after a bit of a registry problem so don't have a bootable system to check with....Not the sort of HTPC "tuning" I really wanted to do tonight. Oh well, it is the excuse I needed to do my annual fresh install!!!:oops:)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It probably my poor eye sight...

But I did find the PDVD image to be slightly better quality (than the MS one)

Also, the combined/single SD/HD PDVD handled channel changes better than a mixed codec solution. I find going from SD PDVD to MS H264 does cause a few glitches until it "settles" down.

Nothing major... and I'm happy to run with a mixed PDVD and MS setup.

J.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Is BBC HD the only channels that is using VBR?

I am asking cause lately i notice that more and more of my channels are stuttering for no reason.

Example the Skyitalia SKY Sport 1/2/3 HD are now stuttering although they didn't before.

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I have the Same Problem, it happens in windows XP and 7 x64. Weather I use HDMI audio or the on board realtek HD audio. Bitstreamed or decoded. Every DXVA codec i have tried pdvd8,9,10, MS, Arcsoft(which recovered best out of the lot) same.

Many channels too BBCHD, Sky UK's HD channels, and many forugn channels including some 720p ones.

1.10 RC1 was fine, I think the issue is in the TSreader and appear around the time the unable to start graph bug was fixed.

The work around for me at the moment is record everything then rename it *.mkv , playback is perfect like this which again point's towards a problem with Tsreader!

How do I get a log of this to actually pinpoint the issue? does TS reader or the renderer make a log?

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I will try the renaming trick and report.

I also managed to record a small sample that i will upload so we can troubleshoot.

EDIT:

Here is the sample recorded from Sky Sport 1 HD (Skyitalia).

I tried renaming, still get the same issue. So i don't think that it is TsReader's fault since i see that MPC-HC is using the gabest splitter when i rename the file to either .mkv or .m2ts.

I would like to get this issue solved since more and more channels are having this issue.

Things are better if i use ArcSoft H.264 decoder or PDVD8 BUT yet there are several glitches.

This is what TsAnalyzer reports so as far as i can tell there are no continuity errors.

MPEG-2 Statistics
    Table Sections Processed CRC Errors
    PAT 5.3k 0
    CAT 0 0
    PMT 2 0
    NIT 0 0
    SDT 0 0
    EIT 0 0

Continuity errors: 0
    TEI errors: 0
    Calculated multiplex rate: 8356575 bps
    General Information
    Source: Transport Stream File
    Run Time: 000:04:23
    PID Usage Chart
    0x0000 (0.98% ~ 0.08 Mbps) 0x0000 MPEG-2 Program Assocation Table
    0x0020 (0.98% ~ 0.08 Mbps) 0x0020 MPEG-2 PMT for program 137
    0x0030 (92.41% - 7.72 Mbps) 0x0030 H.264 Video for program 137
    0x0040 (2.81% ~ 0.24 Mbps) 0x0040 Dolby AC3 Audio for program 137
    0x0041 (2.81% ~ 0.24 Mbps) 0x0041 Dolby AC3 Audio for program 137

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    your right Kotic, the fix was actually coreAVC in my case but, CoreAVC isn't good for HDTV. MPC works fine with the recordings whatever the codec.

It didn't stop using Core AVC untill I Un-registered it.

We still need to track down the issue.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Are you able to play the sample i uploaded?

If yes then under which codec configuration?

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Are you able to play the sample i uploaded?

If yes then under which codec configuration?

I didn't bother with your sample, but sky sport 1 HD (italia) is fine for me as is everything I tried on sky Italy. every thing I throw at it is silky smooth with any dxva codec. I've settled with arcsoft's video codec from the DVB support codec HD pack.

I had sky sports News HD on most of the afternoon, I didn't see a single judder and that was judder city with the original Dshowhelper.dll

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom