stuttering after standby / slow zapping speed (1 Viewer)

technick

Portal Pro
May 6, 2009
Home Country
France France
You right, I have client/server on the same computer sorry.. so I don't know.

Pirppuli

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2008
    Helsinki
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    If it's a problem with DX initialization, you may want to take a look at this post I wrote a while ago. My solution fixes stuttering problems on nVidia hardware, but might be of help to you, as well. On a MP client you could try using Hibernate Trigger instead of relying on TV Server, as I do.

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Pirppuli!

Thx, that did the trick ... but if I use your code from the batchfile it doesn't work.

I only use this part ( start dxdiag /t nul: ) in a batch file and tell hibernation trigger to start sthis batch after resume from standby.

Unfortunately my EeeBox needs 25 sec. after i Push the power button until MP is back. Hope the devs here find a faster way to reinit the dx9.
    EDIT: Now the Box needs 9 seconds after pushing the power button!! (including the reinit That is really fast enough and you make my day!:D:D:D

Now I can take a closer look to my slow zapping speed ...

Cu

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for this! Works great to prevent slow gui and studdering TV after resume. I would have thought that MP would have this fix built in by now...

:D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    i am wondering too why this fix didn't found its way to the svn.

I guess no one had realy time to look how to reinit the DirectX properly (especially when team members have almost everyone moved to Windows 7).

I would be more than clad to include a proper fix for that issue (code based, not something that uses 3rd party program to do the trick). So, hopefully someone with XP has time to write a proper patch and provide it for devs for an evaluation.

nicx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi tourettes,

this problem is not only win xp related, i have win 7 and the stuttering after standby is there too.

still waiting for a fix getting into mp :(

nicx...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom