Stuttering in scheduled recordings unless client window is open (TSWriter Continuity error) (2 Viewers)

Kent Ohlsson

Portal Member
March 14, 2012
Varberg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I installed a MediaPortal client on another computer and I find that watching live TV using this client stutters a lot.

If I start the client program (MediaPortal.exe) on the server machine the stuttering stops immediately on the client machine, and if I close the client program again on the server machine, the stuttering returns immediately on the client machine.

What can we learn from that?

(Now testing is simple :) )

EDIT:

Running certain programs on the server machine (For example DPC Latency test, Firefox, Spider Solitaire) makes the stuttering go away on the client machine.

Running Caclculator on the server machine doesn't make stuttering go away on the client machine though... it seems that just any program doesn't make the trick.

I'm currently checking if running SpiderSolitaire.exe minimized solves my problem with recordings on the server machine.

Kent Ohlsson

Portal Member
March 14, 2012
Varberg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I can confirm that running SpiderSolitaire.exe minimized on the server machine seems to cure all the stuttering while recording or streaming. (At least it seems so for the moment)

Any ideas why?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Lets find out if its network related, firstly can you go to your network adapter and disable IPV6, does anything change on a test.

If not then I would be tempted to change any reference ip within TVServer\MPClient\SQL to the name of the pc, again this will need services to be restarted, user for sql db can be sa or root, with password MediaPortal case sensitive.

Any difference.

Last resort, try the MSLoopback adapter, which should eliminate any possible networking problem, if it does then going down the fixed IP road may be the solution.

Even with Windows Firewall disabled, it can still be active :mad: so I'm wondering if starting MP on that machine allows ports to be opened properly, btw what router do you have.

http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/static-ip-address.asp

The only other thing that mediaportal.exe does is start directx and ups using the graphics processor you have, really cannot think of any other effect caused by MP starting ;(

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I can confirm that running SpiderSolitaire.exe minimized on the server machine seems to cure all the stuttering while recording or streaming. (At least it seems so for the moment)

Any ideas why?

Whoops missed that bit, now that would indicate some low power state being activated, what does the Windows experience index show for your pc (start menu go to computer and right click, then select properties), might be worthwhile re running.

Kent Ohlsson

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Varberg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I enclose a screenshot of Windows Experience Index. (Sorry for the swedish :) ha ha)

I changed the power settings again, put it into "Max performance" and went over the different advanced values to make sure there are no limitations but nothing that I changed stopped the stuttering.

Attachments

• weis.png
      weis.png
      231.7 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    So windows thinks everything is fine and no latency issues, is there any intel software running from boot, I'm only asking because we have seen interference from Asus software in the past causing poor performance.

Kent Ohlsson

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Varberg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So windows thinks everything is fine and no latency issues, is there any intel software running from boot, I'm only asking because we have seen interference from Asus software in the past causing poor performance.

Actually there is a software named "Intel Management Engine driver". It's up to date and it contains important drivers I believe so I'd rather not uninstall it.

Kent, do you see the difference in DPC Latency checker tool with and without spidersolitaire running?

No they are the same with or without spidersolitaire running. BTW spidersolitaire pops up a dialogue at start up so I prefer to start minesweeper instead.

It should be interesteing to hear from someone else having an ASRock CoreHT 252B I just can't believe I'm alone in the world experiencing these problems. Maybe most people just give up at an earlier point, (?) however I'm stubborn but to be honest I'm quite happy with the solution to launch minesweeper in autostart and I really love my mini PC and MediaPortal.

Again I really like to thank You guys who have helped me find this solution (You are so great!) even though we haven't found the real cause to the problem.

:)

CoreHT%20Series(m).jpg

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    The "Intel Management Engine Interface " is a part of the VPro technology of intel.
    This IMEI technology allows to manage your pc remotely.
    And is more designed for enterpises then for home users.

Unless you do use this feature, then try uninstalling\disabling it, Windows 7 will run fine without.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom