Stuttering / Tearing HD Channels (1 Viewer)

clarkey2r

Portal Pro
February 9, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 1.2 RC with svn 28160
MediaPortal Skin: Blackglass HD
Windows Version: Win 7 ultimate x64
PC: Acer Revo R3700 with latest drivers
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: Windows DTV
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Sky UK
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi Guys

I have got a problem with my HD channels, they stutter/tear right at the beginning when a channel is tuned (for 5 - 15 seconds) and then every 5 - 15 mins (for another few seconds). I'm 99% sure its not anything on the server but I can post logs for that later if need be. I have checked the resource monitor and nothing looks usually high, always less than 50% cpu and RAM. As the CPU isn't too high it doesn't look like a codec issue.

Logs attached!

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi clarkey2r

Post your TV Server logs please. There are PES and continuity errors smattered throughout your TsReader logs...

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

It is clear you're using an extended version of TsWriter - possibly the EPG plugin from DJBlu? Please report this problem to him as with the errors I'm seeing in your TsWriter log like "Error writing to file D:\Timeshift\Custom_1.ts:" anything could be happening and I wouldn't know how to track the problem down.

mm

[Edit: ...and further, you're using MDAPI. You should know there is no support for those configurations. You must reproduce the problem without it. Please consider *much* more carefully before posting such a support request - it is a waste of our time.]

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    From first glance it looks like a bad signal but there was a similar issue recently which was caused by some weird security thing in windows (can't remember exact details!)

Is there a chance your dish might have slipped out of alignment?

You are using DJBlu's compiled version, have there been any recent changes to it that could have caused this?

Edit: Beat me to it :)

clarkey2r

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi again

It is clear you're using an extended version of TsWriter - possibly the EPG plugin from DJBlu? Please report this problem to him as with the errors I'm seeing in your TsWriter log like "Error writing to file D:\Timeshift\Custom_1.ts:" anything could be happening and I wouldn't know how to track the problem down.

mm

[Edit: ...and further, you're using MDAPI. You should know there is no support for those configurations. You must reproduce the problem without it. Please consider *much* more carefully before posting such a support request - it is a waste of our time.]

I dont see how this is a waste of time as the issue occurs when viewing BBC HD, BBC 1 HD and ITV 1HD which are all free to air and MDAPI isn't used!

From first glance it looks like a bad signal but there was a similar issue recently which was caused by some weird security thing in windows (can't remember exact details!)

Is there a chance your dish might have slipped out of alignment?

You are using DJBlu's compiled version, have there been any recent changes to it that could have caused this?

Edit: Beat me to it :)

I dont think its an issue with the dish as the Sky box works fine. I haven't noticed this up untill recently as I have only really just made the switch to MP for watching TV (since 1.2 beta).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I dont see how this is a waste of time as the issue occurs when viewing BBC HD, BBC 1 HD and ITV 1HD which are all free to air and MDAPI isn't used!
    The "waste of time" part may be an overreaction - sorry (I've had an awful day). :sorry:

I would like to make a few points:
    1. You should *always* post complete logs - don't assume that you don't need to post TV Server logs just because you think there isn't a problem with the server.
    2. Posting logs with non-standard components is a *huge* no-no since the problem could very well be related to the component that you've replaced not working properly. It is frustrating to take the time to go through your logs after having to ask for them only to find that you're using a modified component and then have to point this out to you. By installing such a modification you should be aware that you are taking a risk of running into trouble. The person who provides you with the modification should be your first point of contact for support, or you should attempt to reproduce the problem without the modification.
    3. MDAPI is not decrypting *but* the stream from the tuner is still passing through it, and that *has* been known to cause problems. Again, you must reproduce problems without it to get support on this forum.

Once again, sorry to be so grumpy, but honestly please consider what I've said above and take more care when posting support threads in future.

Cheers!
    mm

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland

I can't remember the details either but it was a problem with Windows Security Essentials.

clarkey2r

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2009
    Home Country

I can't remember the details either but it was a problem with Windows Security Essentials.

I dont have MSE installed on the Server or Client! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom